Sea Life Blackpool414 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Promenade, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 5AA, United Kingdom, FY1 5AA
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1253621258
- Fax: +44-01253751647
- Ticket Price: 16 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Educational Site, Play, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Exhibition , Snorkeling , Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries, Landmarks
Sea Life Blackpool is the biggest underwater creature exhibit in the city. It is a spectacular aquarium, with over 50 dazzling displays and more than 2,000 incredible creatures from the great depths of the ocean. A stone’s throw from the Central Pier on Blackpool promenade, it has a wide range of ocean life, like tropical sharks, reed fish, octopus, rays and sea horses, to name just a few.
Visitors can go on a trancelike journey under their awesome glass tunnel, through which you can view sea creatures floating around you on every side. Sea Life has a number of creatures found very rarely in Britain, such as Boris and Betty, the only two Bowmouth Guitarsharks in the country.
They even have a section known as the Interactive Rockpool, which lets you do all the cool stuff which you thought probably wasn’t even allowed. Experts help you to hold an actual live crab, as well as a starfish, all the while making sure you don’t get nipped!
You can go on a fully supervised ‘Snorkelling with Sharks’ trip, a 30 minute underwater joy ride that lets you get up close and personal with the Sea Life residents.
During feeding time, you can watch and even try your hand at giving some of the creatures their food.
For some extra fun, the whole family can take part in a swashbuckling round of Pirate mini golf inside Sea Life Aquarium.
When you’re finished with your trip at Sea Life Blackpool, don’t forget to take your very own souvenir photograph, which you can take home as a magnet or a keyring as well.
Send them to your loved ones, and let them know just what a ball of a time you had at the aquarium!
Sea Life Blackpool Travel Tips
- Sea Life has lift access in the admissions area of the Centre. Disabled toilets can be found in both SEA LIFE and the Pirate Adventure Golf.
- Sea Life does not have on-site parking. However, there is a pay and display car park directly behind the centre on Bonny Street (FY1 5AR) / Central Drive (FY1 5QU)
- They do not have a Cafe on-site. There are vending machines located around the centre for drinks and snacks and a Seating Area by the gift shop should you wish to bring food into the Centre.
- The tickets are valid all day, should you wish to leave and return at a later time that same day.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sea Life Blackpool
- Family package of £56.00 available for a family of 4.
- Free entry for children under 3, Children above 3: £13.95
- You can avail discounts of up to 20% on booking tickets online.
How to Reach Sea Life Blackpool
- By Train:Turn right outside the North train station to the Promenade and then left to SEA LIFE.
- By Tram:Take any seafront tram to the Central Pier stop, where SEA LIFE is situated.
- By Bus: Bus routes 1, 10 and 11 travel to the venue.
- The Pump & Truncheon
- Captain Jacks
- Palma Cafe
- Lindy’s Cafe
- Waverley Cafe Ltd.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Blackpool before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Blackpool and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Blackpool include Sea Life Blackpool in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
81.08% of people start their Sea Life Blackpool visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sea Life Blackpool
63.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sea Life Blackpool
Sea Life Blackpool Reviews & Ratings
do you do a package for sea world and madam Tussauds for a family of four one child under three years oldAnswer Report Abuse
We do offer different tours and packages. You can send a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.Report Abuse