Southern Wolf Island Nature Preserve32 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pennfield, NB E5H, Canada, Blacks Harbour Map
- Phone: +1-5064572398
- Tags: Outdoors, Island, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
At the southernmost tip of the Wolves Archipelago, is the Southern Wolf Island. Spread over 43 hectares of land, it is a nature preserve with ample bird species, some of which cannot even be found on the mainland. You can sight harlequin ducks, purple sandpipers, black legged kittiwakes, common eiders, great black-backed gulls, herring gull, razorbills, sparrow, black-throated green warblers, American crows and ravens. The endangered North Atlantic right whale can also be spotted here in most seasons. Public ferry to the island is not there, and so, you may have to charter a boat from the mainland.
How to Reach Southern Wolf Island Nature Preserve
- By Ferry
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Blacks Harbour before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Blacks Harbour and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Southern Wolf Island Nature Preserve Address: Pennfield, NB E5H, Canada, Blacks Harbour
- Southern Wolf Island Nature Preserve Contact Number: +1-5064572398
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!