Bled is a small lakeside town in Slovenia that casts a magical spell with its spectacular natural beauty and fairy-tale landscapes. A tiny town that came into existence thousands of years ago has witnessed the history of turbulence and feuds. The Bled Castle perched high on the rock represents the history of this town even today. But, after the mid-19th century, this settlement started to transform into a more organized town. Bled we see today is a combination of different small villages that were located on the shores of Lake Bled. It gained popularity as a tourist destination in a last couple of decades.
Today, Bled tourism has become so famous that it has its own small airport and is well-connected to different parts of the country. Even the weather is ideal making it a year-round place. It is located only 55 kilometers (34 miles) from Ljubljana – the capital of Slovenia.
The island, in the middle of the green-blue Lake Blade, is capped with a picturesque church and has the lovely Alpine mountains in the backdrop which together form the very identity of this town. Be it boating or hiking, you can enjoy a number of recreational activities here. The possibilities to make your Bled vacation memorable are unlimited. When it comes to tourism in Bled, the town knows how to keep its visitors engaged. You will get to experience fairy-tale ride in a horse-drawn carriage around the lake. What else do you need to make your vacation perfect, right? So, plan a trip to Bled to soak in its beauty and fall in love with its charm.
Essential travel information and Bled tips for your visit
- Time zone: Slovenia (GMT+1)
- Currency: Euro
- Electricity and internet: Bled uses a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz. Plug type C and F are commonly used. There are many hotels in Bled that offer free Wi-Fi, but public Wi-Fi spots are few.
- Languages: Slovenian is the official language. Many people also speak English, Italian, and German.
- Security: Ambulance 112; police 113
- Tipping: The practice of tipping is not compulsory in Bled, but, many travelers tip 10% to 20% of the bill.
- Tourist traps: If you are taking a ride in pletna, make sure that boat rowers are no charging you extra. Ask different rowers, check the prices, bargain, and then select a ride. Many tourists have complained that they were asked to pay triple the price of the actual cost of a pletna ride.
- Customs: Many people do not wear footwear at home. Remove your shoes while visiting local houses.
Bled Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Bled. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Bled trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bled
Save 4%Bled: Black Hole Kayaking
8 Hrs8 Reviews
Save 7%Bled Half Day Canyoning Adventure
4 Hrs1 Reviews
Save 7%Ljubljana and Bled Lake - small group - day tour from Zagreb
13 Hrs36 Reviews
Save 7%Private Tour: Ljubljana and Lake Bled Day Trip from Zagreb
8 Hrs2 Reviews
Save 4%3glav Adventures - Canyoning Adventure from BledNew on TripHobo
3 Hrs 30 Mins
Save 7%Lake Bled tour from LjubljanaNew on TripHobo