Naval Hill And Franklin Game Reserve, BloemfonteinCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Bloemfontein, South Africa
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, Memorial, Statue, Family And Kids, Hill, Nature
About Naval Hill And Franklin Game Reserve, Bloemfontein
To have a panoramic view of the city of roses, visit Naval hill which gets its name because of the two British naval guns standing on the hill since early 20th century.
The naval hill is also a home to the Franklin game reserve which serves as the major centre of display of African wildlife. There are animals like zebra, blesbok, springbok, giraffe and eland as well as abundant bird life. The entry to the reserve is free.
Another landmark of naval hill is the statue of white horse- a sculpture set during the Anglo-Boer war. It is a landmark of the British cavalry returning to the depot and has many myths surrounding it.
Naval Hill And Franklin Game Reserve Information
- Wear good shoes as there is plenty of waling included on the visit.
- Pack your lunch if you are waiting here for a long time.
How To reach Naval Hill And Franklin Game Reserve by Public Transport
- Rented car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bloemfontein before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bloemfontein and book an accommodation of your choice.
Naval Hill And Franklin Game Reserve, Bloemfontein Reviews
All Questionsnaval hill and franklin game reserve
- Attractions near Naval Hill And Franklin Game Reserve
- Hertzog Square
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Bloemfontein
- Windmill Casino And Entertainment Centre
- Altissimo & Andante Guesthouse
- J B M Hertzog International Airport /bloemfontein Airport