Events and Festivals in Bodhgaya
- Buddha Jayanti: An annual festival that celebrates the birth anniversary and enlightenment of Prince Siddharth as Buddha. It generally falls in the month of April or May, depending on the Hindu calendar.
- Nyingma Monlam Chenmo: A three week annual festival celebrated from fourth till the eleventh day of the first Tibetan month around January/ February is also known as Prayer Festival and the main idea behind it is to promote and celebrate World Peace. His Holiness Dalai Lama also visits the City around this time to attend the festival.
- Buddha Mahotsava: A three day annual festival in Bodh Gaya that focuses on various cultural and religious activities and sees participation from various countries around the World.
- Maha Kala Chakra Puja: An annual religious event that focuses on performing puja and reciting verses and chants over a period of 7 to 10 days and is believed to remove the obstacles and welcome the coming year on a positive note.
Trip plans for Bodhgaya
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bodhgaya
Events & Festivals in Cities Near Bodhgaya
- Events & Festivals in Gaya
- Events & Festivals in Nawada
- Events & Festivals in Jhumri Telaiya
- Events & Festivals in Arwal
- Events & Festivals in Dehri-on-sone
- Events & Festivals in Fatuha