How to Reach Bodhgaya
- By Air: Nearest airport to the City is in Gaya and has daily flights to Gaya from Kolkata and is well connected through some of the international flight services as well Thai Airways has a daily flight to Bodh Gaya. Also, Druk Air connects Bangkok to the City through once a week flight. Another major airport is in Patna and is well connected to various Indian cities. From the airport, you can hire a cab to get to Bodh Gaya.
- By Rail: Nearest station in Gaya has regular trains to Gaya and is well connected with various Indian cities. Another railway station in Patna also provides regular trains to and from connecting Patna to other major cities. From the station, you can hire a cab to get to Bodh Gaya.
- By Bus: There are many bus service operators connecting Bodh Gaya to nearby cities and other major Cities in the State and neighbouring States.
- By Bus/Auto: You can get around the City using the bus transportation especially if you wish to visit the attractions in the outer regions. Alternatively, you can get around in a rickshaw or you could even hire a cab.
- On Foot: However, the best way to explore the City is on foot as all the major temples are in close proximity to each other.