Thai MonasteryCurrently Open
- Address: Near Buddha Statue, Bodh Gaya, India, Bodhgaya Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Landmark, Statue, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
Built in 1956, the Thai Monastery is the only Thai temple in India. It was commissioned by the Thailand Monarch, at the request of then prime minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The exterior of the temple is captivating and effectively portrays the excellence of Thai architecture. Adorned by a gigantic carved bronze statue of Lord Buddha, the interiors are equally. Overall, the temple, with its serene atmosphere, makes for a wonderful visit.
- Thai Monastery Address: Near Buddha Statue, Bodh Gaya, India, Bodhgaya
- Thai Monastery Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
52.17% of people who visit Bodhgaya include Thai Monastery in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.89% of people start their Thai Monastery visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Thai Monastery
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thai Monastery
People normally club together Chinese Temple and Archaeological Society Of India Museum while planning their visit to Thai Monastery.