The ‘city of contrasts’ as it is rightly called; Bogota will offer you every spectacle ranging from shanty neighbourhoods to high rise apartments. Like most South American cities, the disparity between the wealthy and the not-so-well off is glaringly obvious. Still, judging by what Bogota was before, the government has certainly stepped up, making Bogota one of the safest cities of Latin America. A place full of stories and events, take a moment to stop and listen to the tale of one city…
Essential travel information and Bogota tips for your visit
- Restrict to all your activities during the day time.
- Don’t display signs of wealth and carry just the essentials with you, when you step out to sightsee.
- In case you get mugged, don’t try and negotiate; give them what you have and go your separate ways.
- Divide your valuables and stash them in different pockets, sections of your bag pack in case you get mugged, you won’t lose all your valuables.
- The water is Bogota is potable, but for the first few days mix bottled water and tap water to prevent any unwarranted runs to the toilet.
Bogota Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Bogota. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Bogota trip planner.