Colombian National MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Carrera 7 No. 28–66, between Calles 28 and 29 Centro Internacional, Bogota, 110311, Colombia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-13816470
- Ticket Price: 4000 COP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids
Colombian National Museum - Review
The National Museum of Colombia is the biggest and oldest museum in Colombia. This museum houses a huge collection of archaeological findings and collections on Columbia’s history, art, and culture. This museum was built in 1823 and the architectural style of the buildings is that of a fortress with many arches, domes and columns. The museum is home to a collection of over 20,000 pieces representing various eras of the history of Columbia. You will also find items of Spanish iconography and various paintings by Débora Arango, Fernando Botero and many more.
Colombian National Museum Information
- Free admission to showrooms every Wednesday: 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM and on Sunday.
Colombian National Museum Ticket Prices
- The mentioned price is for an adult
- For students: Colombian Peso 3000
- For children: Colombian Peso 2000
- For people with sensory and cognitive disabilities: Free
- For children under 5 years of age: Free
- For people over 60: Free
How To reach Colombian National Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus
- By Car
- By Bicycle
Restaurants Near Colombian National Museum
- Itanos (Centro Internacional) [specializes in Italian cuisine]
- El Arca [Columbian cuisine recommended]
- Donostia [changing menu]
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bogota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bogota and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Colombian National Museum
95% of people who visit Bogota include Colombian National Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45.15% of people start their Colombian National Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Colombian National Museum
93.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Colombian National Museum
Colombian National Museum Sightseeing Tours
Colombian National Museum Tickets & Passes
Colombian National Museum Map
Colombian National Museum Trips
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena from WiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena
Colombian National Museum, Bogota Reviews
Didn't find it as good as many of Bogota's other museums. Collections is disjointed almost haphazardly put together
One of the most beautiful places in Bogotá, for its historical, architectural and cultural value. Site recommended when visiting the capital.
Main intro descriptions were in English which was nice. Mainly paintings but also some sculptures. Nicely laid out in several rooms. The modern art area upstairs was great
This museum is not that great. Alot of mismatch and not in any chronological order. Just things thrown together.
At this museum I've discovered different great artists like her (Katie James) so I recommend to pay attention to the concerts for free that the museum offers in its month schedule.
All QuestionsColombian national museum
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- Saint Roberts Catholic Church
- Atmore Church Of God
- Abrams Farm
- Mennonite Christian Fellowship
- Zion Star AME Zion Church
- Mt Gillard Baptist Church
- New Pleasant Hill Baptist Chr
- Pine Level Church
- Sutton's Music Co.
- Holy Community Center
- Canoe United Methodist Church Parsonage
- United Pentecostal Church
- Grace Fellowship Church
- Strand Theater