How to Reach Bogota, Colombia
The Easiest Way to Reach Bogota
- By Air: The El Dorado International Airport is just 20 minutes away from the city and is the most preferred way for most tourists. A lot of the airlines fly in and out of Bogota. There are domestic flights available if you want to fly from one city to another.
- Buses are a common means of transport here and are quite cheap. They however only map their main stops, so if you’re unfamiliar with the roads ask the bus drivers and they’ll inform you when to get off.
- Taxis are largely preferred by tourists since they serve as the most convenient source for traveling from one point to another. Remember to pay by the meter and ensure that the meter is running when you sit in the car.
- The Transmilenio or the bus rapid transit system is fast becoming Bogota’s upcoming mode of transportation. Linking all the major tourist attractions and stops along with the airport, all you need to do is board the train and get off where you want to.
- There are privately owned busses that run throughout the city and can be hailed down just like a taxi. These busses have no designated stops and will stop wherever you want to get off. They’ll have a list of the neighbourhoods they’ll go to and if you’re going the same way, then you need to pay the fare as listed and take a seat. Count your change though; bus drivers are known to give back less change to the tourists.
- If you have the stamina, you could rent a bicycle and use the extensive cycle network to see the city.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Bogota and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Bogota
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bogota. The most preferred mode of transport in Bogota is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 10.99 km Average time: 49.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 37.88%Bus 42.88 min Waiting 8.2 min Walking 7.76 min Other 0.8 min Overall average time for 13.08 kms 59.64 min
Bike 18.18%Bike 29 min Walking 2.33 min Overall average time for 6.43 kms 31.33 min
Motorbike 4.55%Motorbike 55 min Walking 0.67 min Overall average time for 20.47 kms 55.67 min
Walking 19.7%Walking 37.54 min Motorbike 5.62 min Bus 3.62 min Driving 2.08 min Waiting 0.92 min Train 0.77 min Overall average time for 6.6 kms 50.54 min
Car 15.15%Driving 40.5 min Waiting 0.7 min Walking 0.1 min Overall average time for 14.6 kms 41.3 min
Train/Metro 1.52%Train 20 min Bus 15 min Waiting 8 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 48 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Bogota
- How to reach Agua De Dios
- How to reach Flandes
- How to reach Girardot
- How to reach Pensilvania
- How to reach Nariño
- How to reach San Gil
- How to reach Barichara
- How to reach Medellin
- How to reach Santa Fe De Antioquia
- How to Reach Top Cities in Colombia
- How to reach Barranquilla
- How to reach Santa Marta
- How to reach Estados Unidos
- How to reach Costarica
- How to reach Jericó
- How to reach Anganoy
- How to reach Puerto Alvira
- How to reach Paz De Ariporo
- How to reach Zipaquirá
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Upminster
- How to reach Morelia
- How to reach Heald Green