Plaza De Bolivar1463 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Between Carreras 7 and 8 and Calles 10 and 11, La Candelaria, Bogota, 111711, Colombia
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 19500 COP
- Tags: Plaza, Family And Kids
The best way to start exploring Bogota is from the Plaza de Bolívar, the heart of the city. The Plaza gets its name from the first public figure to be ever erected in the city- Simon Bolivar, to show appreciation for his services rendered during the independence movement. All the major tourist attractions as well as important government buildings are all located within the periphery of the Plaza. The reason for this is that the Plaza is where Bogota was declared the seat of New Grenada’s colonial government. While the tourist attractions see crowds flocking in by the dozen, the government buildings aren’t open for public viewing.
Located in the heart of Bogota, the Plaza De Bolivar is an important landmark and a very popular attraction in the city. This particular attraction has seen a lot of political ups and downs in the past and has a rich history attached to it. Even though the Plaza De Bolivar tickets are free of any charge, still you can easily opt for the Plaza De Bolivar tour tickets. The Plaza De Bolivar tours are available at an affordable price and will guide you with the history of this scenic attraction.
Plaza De Bolivar Travel Tips
- There are separate charges for doing a combined tour of the museum and the dome amphitheatre and just doing either one of the two.
How to Reach Plaza De Bolivar
- (Transmilenio) Calle 22 or Calle 19
- India Gourmet (serves Indian cuisine)
- Carbon de Palo Parrilla (wine & dine)
- La Herencia (Columbian cuisine recommended)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bogota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bogota and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.87% of people who visit Bogota include Plaza De Bolivar in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
57.92% of people start their Plaza De Bolivar visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Plaza De Bolivar
52.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plaza De Bolivar