Santa Clara Church MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Carrera 8 No. 8–91, La Candelaria, Bogota, 111711, Colombia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-13376762
- Ticket Price: 3000 COP
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture , Sculpture
Santa Clara Church Museum - Review
The Santa Clara Church Museum ( Iglesia Museo Santa Clara), in its glory days of the colonial era, was a church which has now been turned into a museum for preservation purposes. The uniqueness of the church lies in its architecture which is a single-nave with painted motifs on the spirals. Easily one of the top 3 works of colonial architecture, the walls of the church are completely covered in paintings and altarpieces and statues of saints. The museum displays paintings and sculptures dated somewhere around the 17th century.
How To reach Santa Clara Church Museum by Public Transport
- (Transmilenio) Avenida Jimenez
Restaurants Near Santa Clara Church Museum
- La Ventana (Breakfast/brunch recommended)
- Santo Pecado (specializes in Columbian, Caribbean and Latin cuisines)
- Club Colombia (local cuisine recommended)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bogota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bogota and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Santa Clara Church Museum
95% of people who visit Bogota include Santa Clara Church Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
41.25% of people start their Santa Clara Church Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Santa Clara Church Museum
68.95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Santa Clara Church Museum
Santa Clara Church Museum Map
Santa Clara Church Museum Trips
One of the oldest buildings in Bogotà original a convent, now a museum. Church exhibits and good modern thought provoking installation
Incredible Museum, jaw dropping! Must see in Bogota.
Great church converted into a museum
Great architecture. Interesting pieces of colonial religious art. Worth the visit.
Ample collection of religious artwork from the colonial era with explanations. Plus the architecture is interesting. About a 30 min activity.
All QuestionsSanta clara church museum
- Skorup Kirke
- Skorup Sogns Menighedsråd
- Libraries – Fårvang Bibliotek In Fårvang
- KFUM & K I Fårvang
- Skorup Og Tvilum Sogne
- Simone Hoppe Dressage
- Tvilum Sogns Menighedsråd
- HD Camp
- Munke Bjergby Og Kirke Flinterup Sogne
- Ryttergårdens Rideskole
- Simon Nielsen Racing
- Museum Sønderjylland
- Galerie Erz
- Mjolden Sogns Menighedsråd