Idaho State Capitol297 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 700 W Jefferson St, Boise, ID 83702, USA, United States
- Phone: +1-2083321012
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
The Idaho State Capitol in Boise is where the government sits. The construction of this building started in the summer of 1905 and was overlooked by John E. Tourtellotte and Charles Hummel. This is the home of the government of the state of Idaho from where all the matters of administration take place. In 1998, the Capitol building was restored and is today one to visit. Once here, you can check out a gilded equestrian statue of George Washington, historic trees planted by former presidents like Benjamin Harrison, Teddy Roosevelt and William Taft, the Golden Statue was carved by Charles Osner, and the state tree of Idaho.
Idaho State Capitol Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available only for a group of more than 5.
- Groups of fewer than 5 people are allowed to tour the Capitol at their convenience.
- Reservations must be done minimum two weeks and maximum 6 months in advance.
Entrance Ticket Details For Idaho State Capitol
- Prices may vary. Contact the authorities for more info.
Idaho State Capitol Timings
- Building premises are open for public.
- Guided tours are available from 10AM and 1PM from Monday to Friday.
How to Reach Idaho State Capitol
- Bus Station- 8th & State
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Boise before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Boise and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.5% of people who visit Boise include Idaho State Capitol in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
51.28% of people start their Idaho State Capitol visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Idaho State Capitol
93.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Idaho State Capitol