Idaho State Capitol, Boise
About Idaho State Capitol, Boise
Idaho State Capitol, Boise - Address, Phone Number
Address: 700 W Jefferson St, Boise, ID 83702, USA
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Added 758 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The capitol building although being a government property, is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Idaho, thanks to its unique architecture and elegant, almost ethereal look. Situated in the centre of Boise, the beautiful building is doused in all white with its milk like sandstone walls and elegantly carved pillars. Though the entrance to the functional rooms are closed for visitors (except for those with permission), the premises endowed with numerous statues and a nice long park area is accessible for everyone to just sit for a while, discuss the politics and other interesting happenings of the world or just have a quiet nice time admiring the surrounding.
Idaho State Capitol Information
- Guided tours are available only for a group of more than 5.
- Groups of fewer than 5 people are allowed to tour the Capitol at their convenience.
- Reservations must be done minimum two weeks and maximum 6 months in advance.
Idaho State Capitol Ticket Prices
- Prices may vary. Contact the authorities for more info.
Idaho State Capitol Opening and Closing Hours
- Building premises are open for public.
- Guided tours are available from 10AM and 1PM from Monday to Friday.
How To reach Idaho State Capitol by Public Transport
- Bus Station- 8th & State
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Boise before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Boise and book an accommodation of your choice.
Idaho State Capitol, Boise Reviews - Write a Review
So elegant inside. Not sure if dogs are allowed inside but no one stopped me while roaming with my pup around the building. No fee either.
The Idaho State Capitol Building is worth visiting day and night. The architecture of the Idaho State Capitol Building is impressive. If you can't visit during open hours then spend time walking around and you'll see there is more here than the Idaho State Capitol Building.
Very nice capitol it was a pleasure to visit. There are several areas inside where one can read about the building and Idaho's historical past. There are also impeccably kept gardens surrounding the building with all sorts of plants and trees.
I didn't go in, but the outdoor area around the capital is a beautiful place to hang out, bike around, and added a nice touch to our Boise adventure. Nice park right across the street and lots of nearby places to wine, dine, explore, and hang with friends!
Really beautiful building. Grateful to be part of a great state.
- Nearby Attractions
- Center For Spiritual Living, Boise/treasure Valley
- Bishop Foote Guest House
- Interfaith Sanctuary Housing
- First Baptist Church
- Calvary Chapel Boise
- Church Of Jesus Christ Of Lds
- Tree City Church
- Idaho Human Rights Education Center
- Morris Hill Park
- Military Reserve
- Boise Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Boise
- What to See in 48 Hours in Boise
- What to See in 72 Hours in Boise
- How to Spend 5 Days in Boise
- How to Spend 6 Days in Boise
- How to Spend 7 Days in Boise