Julia Davis Park, Boise
Julia Davis Park, Boise - Address, Phone Number
Address: 700 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID 83702, USA
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
Added 456 times in trip plans
Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Julia Davis Park, Boise
Julia Davis Park has been the first and largest park in the ‘String of Pearls’ group, a series of parks established and maintained by Boise Parks and Recreation Department in Boise. The place is located in the heart of the city and is home to few other prominent sites such as Boise Art Museum , the Idaho Black History Museum, Zoo Boise, Boise Rose Garden and Gene Harris Bandshell. The beautiful green belt river flows through the garden provides an ample room for visitors to enjoy boating activities. Alongside that, there are statues, playground and a large tennis court for travellers to admire and play in. Spend your time visiting the marvellous museums and get acquainted with the city’s stories or revel in the sweet fragrance of flowers in the rose garden, you will seldom get out of things to do in this park.
Julia Davis Park Information
- Park your vehicles only in the parking.
- Smoking is prohibited.
Julia Davis Park Ticket Prices
- The basic ticket price for Boise Zoo starts from 7 USD(Adults). Check the website for further info.
- Contact the respective authorities to know the entry fare of Boise Art Museum and Idaho Black History Museum.
- Activities in the park such as boating and other events may charge. Visit the website or contact the authorities for more info.
Julia Davis Park Opening and Closing Hours
Open from Sunrise to Midnight.
- Open from 10 AM to 5 PM from September to April.
- Open from 9 AM to 5 PM from May to August.
- Last Admission: 4.30 PM
- Giraffe Encounters: Daily from 1:30 PM to 2 PM.
- The Sloth Bear Encounter (available for first 25 visitors): Daily from 2:30 PM to 3 PM
- The Conservation Cruise is open from May to September.
- Closed on Thanksgiving , Christmas and New Year.
Boise Art Museum:
- Open from 10 AM to 5 PM from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Open from 10 AM to 8 PM on first Thursday.
- Open from 12 PM to 5 PM on Sunday.
- Closed on Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and New Year.
Idaho Black History Museum:
- Open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday : 10 AM to 4 PM
- Open from 11 AM to 4 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Tours are available by appointment.
How To reach Julia Davis Park by Public Transport
- Bus Station: Capitol & River
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Boise before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Boise and book an accommodation of your choice.
Julia Davis Park, Boise Reviews - Write a Review
Great public park, BSU is a bridge away. Pokemon Go is wonderful to play here and the zoo is nearby. There is a degree of animal excrement around the park but it's not too much. I often walk from campus to downtown through here; it isn't too well lit at night unfortunately. Overall a great place to pass through.
We love the playground for our one year old. It is mostly for younger kids ages 2-5 so he is able to walk around most of it without to much help. It is fully fenced except the one entrance so I can let my little one have a little more freedom then usual. Four baby swings and four slides with a couple of tunnels. Very nice park.
Close to the zoo and a couple museums, this is a great place to find a good time. Also close enough to downtown for walking. Small play area for kids and good place for families.
Located in the heart of downtown Boise Julia Davis is a great park along the green belt with plenty of space for picnics and familly outings. The collection of museums in the park provide a variety of activities for those looking for a break from the outdoors. The rose garden and zoo in the park move it well beyond the realm of your average city park.
Such a beautiful environment. I enjoyed my quiet morning stroll along with the beautiful scenery.
- Nearby Attractions