Julia Davis Park145 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 700 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID 83702, USA, 83702, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2083844240
- Fax: +1-2083844127
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Park, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Parks
This municipal park in Boise is one of the top-rated Boise attractions. Julia Davis Park was created in 1907 after Thomas Jefferson Davis donated the land and was the first of the group of parks operated by the Boise Parks and Recreation Department. The park is centrally located and hence houses many sites like Boise Art Museum, the Idaho Historical Museum, and the Idaho Black History Museum, as well as other attractions like Zoo Boise, the Idaho Rose Society, and the Gene Harris Band Shell. The Boise River Greenbelt also runs through the park.
Julia Davis Park Travel Tips
- Park your vehicles only in the parking.
- Smoking is prohibited.
Entrance Ticket Details For Julia Davis Park
- The basic ticket price for Boise Zoo starts from 7 USD(Adults). Check the website for further info.
- Contact the respective authorities to know the entry fare of Boise Art Museum and Idaho Black History Museum.
- Activities in the park such as boating and other events may charge. Visit the website or contact the authorities for more info.
Julia Davis Park Hours
Open from Sunrise to Midnight.
- Open from 10 AM to 5 PM from September to April.
- Open from 9 AM to 5 PM from May to August.
- Last Admission: 4.30 PM
- Giraffe Encounters: Daily from 1:30 PM to 2 PM.
- The Sloth Bear Encounter (available for first 25 visitors): Daily from 2:30 PM to 3 PM
- The Conservation Cruise is open from May to September.
- Closed on Thanksgiving , Christmas and New Year.
Boise Art Museum:
- Open from 10 AM to 5 PM from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Open from 10 AM to 8 PM on first Thursday.
- Open from 12 PM to 5 PM on Sunday.
- Closed on Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and New Year.
Idaho Black History Museum:
- Open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday : 10 AM to 4 PM
- Open from 11 AM to 4 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Tours are available by appointment.
How to Reach Julia Davis Park
- Bus Station: Capitol & River
28.88% of people who visit Boise include Julia Davis Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
90.45% of people start their Julia Davis Park visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Julia Davis Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Julia Davis Park
Julia Davis Park Reviews & Ratings
Boise is full of very nice parks. As The City of Trees, there are make shade trees and very nicely managed grass areas. Much of the park system in downtown Boise was actually donated and named for the donor. Great walking paths are available to get around and go from one park to another. If you come to Boise and are in the direction area, check the park out!
This is one of the best parks I’ve ver been to. Mature trees and nicely landscaped. The history posts are awesome. For someone like me who’s visiting from out of state it was nice to see a little bit of history. The rose garden is kept up and I applaud whoever the gardeners are that take care of the garden. It’s amazing. The oddly colored blue water fountains are pretty too. They just remind me of port-a-potty blue water. Maybe a purple or pink would’ve been better. Also, the goose poop. It’s everywhere. But I didn’t take a star off for that. Just a caution to people walking around.
A nice park with lots of shade. I walk through this park on my way home from classes at Boise State, and it's always well maintained and clean. Plenty of walkways, water features, and Zoo Boise at the center. Watch out for the geese though! They can be aggressive.
Beautiful park, kept very clean and has super well-done maintenance. I was impressed with the size and beauty of the park. Had lots of flexibility for bigger groups of people, pathways with scooters and a fun environment. Great place to bring your kids, host an event at, or even take photos at.
Serene and beautiful sits near the Boise Rose Garden. Not overly popular, so it is easy to enjoy the piece and quiet. Added bonus of hearing the birds from the zoo across the street.