Archiginnasio Of Bologna1365 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Library dell'Archiginnasio - Piazza Galvani 1-40124 Bologna, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:45 pm Details
- Phone: 39051-276811
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Estate, Walking Area, Historical Site, Statue, Theatre, Architecture
Bologna was the first European town to have a university and this being the first university of bologna brings you to the intellectual side of this red city. Though heavily destroyed by bombing the Archiginnasio was restored to its present form and is now the seat of the Municipal library.
As in most of the Bolognese architecture there is a portico at the entrance which opens to the main building. The university consists of two levels – walls of which are painted with symbols of alumni- an internal courtyard covered with a canopy suspended between the statues of 2 men, on the other side is the impressive Anatomical theatre shaped like an amphitheatre made of fire wood and a coffer ceiling. The teatre houses a number of statutes out of which two represent: Hippocrates and Galen, the most prominent physicians of Greece and Rome.
A winding staircase leads you to the upper hall which was a study place for artists and jurists. Another main attraction is the Stabat Mater which was the main lecture room, this is still used for a number of gatherings.
The walk around the building will show you how ancient Bolognese regarded science and research such an important part of development. With the paintings all over the wall one can feel the presence of all the students and the zeal with which they carried on all the research. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bologna itinerary 3 days.
Archiginnasio Of Bologna Travel Tips
- Library is open for only students and researchers.
- Stabar Matar can be visited only when not used for a gathering.
Entrance Ticket Details For Archiginnasio Of Bologna
- Free entry for tour guides with identification card, Journalists with badge, One person from each group at least 10 people, Elementary and middle school classes of first and second degree, Two attendants for each school group, Young people 18 years, The disabled and their carers, ICOM members presenting a valid card, Belonging to organizations and associations affiliated.
Archiginnasio Of Bologna Hours
- On public holidays the places closes at 02:00 pm.
How to Reach Archiginnasio Of Bologna
- Bus- 94 meters, line: 39
- Trattoria La Corte Galluzzi
- La Mela, Ristorante la Colombina
- Produco Catering Bologna
- Cafè Caracol
- Da Carlo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bologna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bologna and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.47% of people who visit Bologna include Archiginnasio Of Bologna in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
31.17% of people start their Archiginnasio Of Bologna visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Archiginnasio Of Bologna
63.85% of people prefer walking in order to reach Archiginnasio Of Bologna
People normally club together Compianto Sul Cristo Morto and Museum Of The History Of Bologna Or Museo Della Storia Di Bologna while planning their visit to Archiginnasio Of Bologna.