Events and Festivals in Bologna
Events and Festivals in Bologna
- Modena - January 31st, festival and Corrida di San Geminiano.
- Bellaria-Igea Mariona - February 9th to 14th, festival di Santo Apollonia.
- Cento - historical carnival with many floats.
- Imola - Sfilata dei Fantaveicoli, carnival with interesting and unusual floats.
- San Giovanni in Persiceto - Bologna carnival with parade of satirical floats.
- Borgo Tossignano - Mardi Gras carnival and festivities.
- Forlimpopoli - Segavecchia, the burning of the effigy of 'Old Woman Winter' during mid-lent.
- Casalfiumanese - 2nd or 3rd Sunday in March, Bologna Ravioli Festival.
- Cavriago - 25th to 27th March, Festival del Bue Grasso, a two hundred-year-old cattle fair with many demonstrations of old crafts and also food stands.
- Rocca San Casciano, Forli - bonfire festival during the last weekend of the month.
- Sarsina - Pagnotta di Pasqua (Palm Sunday), dedicated to the traditional Easter cake.
- Vignola - Vulandra, kite and kitemakers' festival held during the 3rd or 4th weekend in April.
- Imola - Formula 1 Grand Prix of San Marino, held in late April to early May.
- Ferrara - There are many events during May in the lead-up to the Palio di San Giorgio.
- Quattro Castella - Investiture of Matilda of Canossa, recreated in period costume on the second Sunday of May.
- Borghi, Forli - Bustreng Festival, traditional cake and palio held on the second Sunday in May.
- Predappio - Sangiovese wine festival held on the 2nd Sunday in May.
- Ceriva - 'Marriage to the Sea' ceremony on Ascension day.
- Modena - Balsamica, vinegar festival with many exhibitions, special menus in restaurants and cookery classes, held from late May to early June.
- Busseto - Verdi voice competitions.
- Modena - Opera festival with many duets, historical tournaments and many spectacles.
- Marinara, Ravenna - international rally of vintage boats.
- Castel del Rio - Renaissance Festival held during the last weekend of June.
- Ravenna - popular jazz festival.
- Pomposa - music at the Pomposa abbey tthroughout July and August.
- Cervia - mid-July, VIP master tennis competitions.
- Gatteo Mare - Festa della Micizia, cat festival.
- Casina (Reggio Emilia) - Festival of Parmesan cheese.
- Casttel San Pietro Terme - Honey fair with many trade stands.
- Cervia - Mid-August, fireworks and fair.
- Lido della Nazioni - Mid-August, lake festival with fireworks.
- Ravenna - Settembre Dantesco, readings and events dedicated to Dante, culminating on the 10th of September, the anniversary of his death.
- Langhirano, Parma ham festival, held during the first week of September.
- San Marino - Crossbow competitions.
- Gaggio Montano, Bologna - Sausage festival held on the first Sunday in September.
- San Pietro in Vincoli - Late September, Festa dell'Uva, wine festival with a parade.
- Goro - Ottobre d'Oro, cultural events and films all month.
- Imola - Short film festival.
- Fragno (Pama) - Truffle festival.
- Portico di Romagna - Frutti del Sottobosco, autumn food feast / festival held on the second Sunday in October.
- San Mauro Pascoli - Festa di San Crispino, patron saint of cobblers.
- Porto Corsini - Halloween and tree festival.
- Fanano - Chestnut festival held on the first Sunday of November.
- Imola - Sangiovese wine week, second week in November.
- Modena - large antiques fair, second week in November.
- Brisighella - Olive oil festival, held on the first Sunday in December.
- Forli and Savignano - Santa Lucia.
- Sestola - Live Christmas crib with traditional bagpipes and old crafts.
- Ravenna - Big presepi displays at Christmas.
- New Year's Eve - December 31st, masses are celebrated in churches and traditionally, broken crockery is tossed from balconies. There are also many parties and general celebrations.
Trip plans for Bologna
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Trip to Venice, Florence, Verona, Milan, Pisa, Com By: Hannah Eldershaw City: Como, Milan, Verona, Venice, Bologna, Manarola, Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano, Siena
Trip to Rome, Venice, Florence, Naples, Bologna, P By: Guest User City: Venice, Bologna, Florence, Rome, Naples, Amalfi, Capri, Palermo
Trip to Paris, Berlin, Vienna, London, Milan, Dubl By: Guest User City: Dublin, London, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, Milan, Bologna
Bologna Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bologna
New on TripHobo Duration: 3 Hrs 18 Mins
Live an authentic culinary experience in Bologna. Learn about authentic Bolognese cuisine with a local and taste a special me...
USD 73.95Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 2 Hrs
Taste the famous wines of Emilia in central Italy on this wine tasting and winery tour near Bologna to discover the legendary...
USD 31.34Book Now
4 Reviews Duration: 6 Hrs
Take your taste buds on a trip to remember through Bologna on this private gastronomy tour. You'll enjoy personalized attenti...
USD 262.49Book Now
1 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Stirring medieval love stories of young maidens and noble youths divided by warring families, or the more recent experience o...
USD 89.99Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Bologna
- Events & Festivals in Figino
- Events & Festivals in Brandizzo
- Events & Festivals in Molassana
- Events & Festivals in Solaro
- Events & Festivals in Scalenghe
- Events & Festivals in Corteno Golgi
- Events & Festivals in Alserio
- Events & Festivals in Borgo Vercelli
- Events & Festivals in Polverara
- Events & Festivals in Colle
- Events & Festivals in Natz-schabs
- Events & Festivals in Malpaga
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Winthrop
- Events & Festivals in Westphalia
- Events & Festivals in Morón
- Events & Festivals in Kilwinning
- Events & Festivals in Wijlre
- Events & Festivals in Erzenhausen
- Events & Festivals in Massenhausen
- Events & Festivals in West Newton
- Events & Festivals in Cottontown
- Events & Festivals in Seaholme