How to Reach Bologna
By Air: Guglielmo Marconi international airport located close to the city centre. A taxi from airport to city centre would cost you EUR 15. An Aerobus will cost EUR 6; will drop you to the main terminus building. Can take bus 54, towards the west suburbs of Bologna.
By Train: Being the main rail transport hub of northern Italy, there are a number of trains services:
- From Milan, travel time: 65 minutes.
- From Florence, travel time: 37 minutes.
- From Rome, travel time: 2hours 20 minutes.
- From Venice, travel time: 2 hours.
- From Paris, travel time: 11hours (overnight sleeper).
- By Bus: Bologna tourism is greatly enhanced by its excellent public transport; one can buy ticket from the ticket centres prior boarding one or else on the bus itself. Useful maps and ticket details are available either on railway station, city centre and various small shops.
- By Bikes: Available at many locations for hire is an excellent way of travelling in Bologna. Though be careful keeping them safe as they tend to get stolen.