San Colombano - Collezione TagliaviniCurrently Closed
- Address: Collezione Tagliavini c/o Oratorio di San Calombano Via Parigi 5 – 40121 Bologna, Italy
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: 39051-19936366
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Tour, Performance, Concert, Monastery
This delightfully re discovered church with original frescos and paintings hosts a wonderful collection of over 80 musical instruments assembled by Luigi Tagliavini. Many of the assembled harpsichords, pianos and oboes date back in 1500s and are fully functional! The church and the monastery still retain a great ancient painting representing the Virgin with St. Columban and other saints.The collection consists of 70 ancient musical instruments in all across 16th to 20th century of both Italian and roman schools of music. All of this is a result of effective restoration by Arnaldo Boldrini and Renato Carnevali. Some of the unique instruments such as crystal piano by joseph biogno, the dulcitone, pitch fork and a group of automatic instruments.
Music enthusiast or no, one should witness the baroque music concerts and musical afternoons that are a part of Genus Bononiae. A artistic museum articulated in the history center of Bologna. The free audio guide makes it easy and engaging for the visitors as it has detailed songs in both Italian and English. The walking tour gives you an enchanting feeling with the beautiful frescos, exclusive instruments on display and the audio guide giving you a glimpse of the melodious music they can create!
San Colombano - Collezione Tagliavini Travel Tips
- Strollers are not allowed inside.
Entrance Ticket Details For San Colombano - Collezione Tagliavini
- For people aged 65 years and above: EUR 7
- Group of 15 and university students: EUR 5
- Teenagers up to 18 years.
- Disabled people with escort.
- 1 tour leader per group over 15 people.
- 2 tour leader per class.
- Journalists on the register with valid card.
- ICOM members - International Council of Museums.
- Bologna Welcome Card owners.
How to Reach San Colombano - Collezione Tagliavini
- Bus-190 meters, lines: 27, A and C
- Trattoria Osteria Buca Manzoni
- Taverna dei Lords Srl
- La Cina Srl
- Ristorante Franco Rossi
- Osteria BoccaBuona
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bologna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bologna and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.51% of people who visit Bologna include San Colombano - Collezione Tagliavini in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
75.4% of people start their San Colombano - Collezione Tagliavini visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see San Colombano - Collezione Tagliavini
58.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Colombano - Collezione Tagliavini