Towers Of The Asinelli And GarisendaCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Piazza di Porta Ravegnana, 40126 Bologna, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 39051-6472113
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
If Bologna was to be called the Manhattan of medieval era, Torri degli Asinelli e Garisenda would definitely be the twin towers. Critically located at the entrance of the city, the towers displayed the family’s prestige and served military functions back then.
Built in the 11th century – Tower of Asinelli – is over 97 metres and the tallest in Bologna. Climb a hefty 498 steps only to find you at the top of the majestic red city – a chance worth taking! The top gives an extremely picturesque view of Bologna’s streets, hills and monuments. If you are lucky enough to witness a clear sky you can see the foothills of Alps in the Veneto. Once showcasing Asinelli’s pride the tower now is used for a number of scientific observations.
Tower of Garisenda built in 11th century as well, is a 47 metres. Originally built 60 metres tall but later cut off because of safety reasons- still basks to be the third tallest in Bologna. Dante, who saw the tower before the process had started, compared it to a leaning Anteo in the 31st Canto of his Inferno!
With over 100 of skylines of Bologna only about 20 stands tall and among them are the Towers of the Asinelli and Garisenda, a great climb that rewards you with the 360 degree view from the top – do not forget to bring your cameras along.
- Other Hours: Last admission is 20 minutes prior to closing.
- In winters closing time is 05:00 pm.
- From April to May closing time is 07:00 pm.
- Other Ticketing Prices: No fee for teacher for a group of 11 students.
- No fee for journalists.
- Disabled people and companions are free.
- Tips &Warnings: Wear comfortable shoes and outfit.
- Carry enough water with you.
- Go early to avoid crowd and the shadow.
- Be careful if you fear height!
- The tower has no elevator.
- Bus-13 metres, lines: T1 and T2.
- Trattoria da Leonida
- Ristorante Pappagallo
- Bistro 18
- Da Carlo
- La Taverna Di Roberto Srl
1.89% of people who visit Bologna include Towers Of The Asinelli And Garisenda in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.86% of people start their Towers Of The Asinelli And Garisenda visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Towers Of The Asinelli And Garisenda
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Towers Of The Asinelli And Garisenda
People normally club together Complesso Monumentale San Michele In Bosco Bologna and Museum Of The History Of Bologna Or Museo Della Storia Di Bologna while planning their visit to Towers Of The Asinelli And Garisenda.