Gruta Do Lago Azul
- Address: Bonito, state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil
- Phone: +55-6732551740
- Ticket Price: 36 BRL
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Tour, Family And Kids, Lake
Gruta Do Lago Azul - Review
The postcard representative of Bonito, the Gruta do Lago Azul is a stunning cave having a radiant underground lake and enormous stalagmites and stalactites formations. Situated at a distance of 21 kilometres from Bonito, an excursion to the cave is usually undertaken through local guided tours. Exploring this magical cave is a must do while on your trip to Bonito.
Gruta Do Lago Azul Information
- Wearing a safety helmet is a must and is provided by tour operators.
- Wear sturdy shoes and don’t forget to apply bug repellent.
- One of the busiest attractions in Bonito, it is advised to book a tour atleast a couple of weeks in advance.
Gruta Do Lago Azul Ticket Prices
- The mentioned ticket price is a rough estimate for a half-day excursion.
Gruta Do Lago Azul Opening and Closing Hours
- It is recommended to visit Gruta do Lago Azul between 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
How To reach Gruta Do Lago Azul by Public Transport
- Transportation provided by tour operators at additional costs.
- Hiring a moto-taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonito before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonito and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gruta Do Lago Azul
95% of people who visit Bonito include Gruta Do Lago Azul in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
63.51% of people start their Gruta Do Lago Azul visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Gruta Do Lago Azul
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gruta Do Lago Azul
Gruta Do Lago Azul Map
Gruta Do Lago Azul Trips
Gruta Do Lago Azul, Bonito Reviews
Lovely experience that you should add to your Bonito itinerary. Note there is a special time of year early in the morning that you can see the cave in its glory, but it was still a site to behold. Note: the cave is very hot and humid!
Amazing water falls. Fantastic scenery and the set up is well thought out.
Hesitated how many stars to give it, but didn't end up with 5 only because of a slight anticlimax, seeing the lake (yes, it's beautiful, don't get me wrong!) after a long descent.
Unique place. Not all guides speak English. Definitely worth a visit.
The Gruta do Lago Azul is about 1 hour drive from Bonito, mostly dirt road (translation: bumpy ride). It is a very beautiful cave with plenty of stalagmites (^) and stalactites (v). From the reception area there is a short hike to the entrance of the cave and then one descends steps that have handrails except in a few spots. At the bottom one can see the lake and its beautiful blue water. Best time to go: from mid-november to mid-february there is a time when the sun hits the late directly. Usually around 8:30-9:00 AM in the morning. These are the most sought after spots for the cave and I believe one needs to setup a visit at these times months ahead. Tip: Apply plenty of insect repellent on exposed skin. Some women obviously knew about this and came with yoga pants and long sleeves which are an excellent way to defeat the mosquitoes
All QuestionsGruta do lago azul
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal