Are you looking for what to do in Bonito?
PLACES TO SEE
- Gruta do Lago Azul: Translated as the Blue Lake Cave, this is definitely a wondrous spectacle to look at. Even expert divers have never reached the bottom of the immensely blue lake, and no one knows exactly the source of the water, as the waters if the surrounding rivers are all a differing shade of green.
- Rio Scuri: you might not be able to swim in this Anaconda River but the sight of it proves to be beautiful scenery to look at. This place is truly rendered spectacular with its lush vegetation and many species of colorful fish.
- Reserva Ecologica Baia Bonita: The Reserva Ecologica Bala Bonita is home to the Aquario Natural and the Trilha dos animais. The tour will usually take half a day and includes snorkeling in a natural spring and 900 meter floatation in the Rio Bala Bonita. The trilha dos Animais is a zoo that includes a variety of regional animals and is worth a look.
THINGS TO DO
- Follow the Rio da Prata Trail: Offering a perfect getaway for an adventurer, here the explorer is guided through a trail along the river, where vegetation, birds and wildlife of all sizes and colors make up for a spectacular scenic view.
- Abismo Anhumas: This is a 72 kilometers abyss that is at an underground lake and is the home of amazing stalactite formations. Here you will able to do some scuba diving, if you have your certificate and some snorkeling in the lake. In order scuba you will need to complete your basic training in town the day before you go at the rappelling training center.
- Boca da Onca Ecotour: This is a 4 kilometer trail through the forest where you will end at 11 waterfalls, where you are allowed to take a dip in a few of them. An 880 steep climb back to the fazenda there will be a lunch awaiting you, which you have by the natural river water pool that hosts local fish.
- Projeto Jiboia: This is Anaconda project that lets people become friendly with the non poisonous snakes in Bonito. Here the visitors can gather information regarding the characteristics, food habits of snakes and their role in nature.
- Rafting on the Rio Formoso: Rio Formoso River offers awe-inspiring, though quite mellow, rafting opportunities: An 8 km trip leads over two light rapids and several small waterfalls to the "Isle of the Priest," where sightings of different birds and fish are plentiful.
Below we have a list of things to do in Bonito and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bonito getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bonito with confidence.