Altes RathausCurrently Open
- Address: Markt 2, 53111 Bonn, Germany
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Landmark, View Point, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Market, Family And Kids, Architecture
Altes Rathaus is the central landmark of Bonn frequented by tourists and aficionados of antiquated collections. It is the official residence of the Mayor. Located on the three-cornered market square, the 18th century building is the welcome house for celebrities and state leaders visiting Bonn.
Designed by Micheal Leveilly, Altes Rathaus is an embodiment of Rococo architecture blended with local aesthetics. The 3-storey building was completed in a year’s time in 1738. It has seven window axes with dormers on a mansard roof. It offers a towering view of the eclectic Bonn landscape. The entries made by celebrities feature in the Golden Book. The building houses the registry office to conduct marriage ceremonies. Most of the old structure and alley have been recently renovated with high-end sanitation and an air-conditioned hall.
Altes Rathaus Travel Tips
- Since it’s an official residence, entries could be restricted on account of visits from a state leader.
- Maintain silence and switch off your cell phones ones inside the church.
- Photography is prohibited inside the hall.
- You can participate in the marriage ceremonies.
- Stairs and elevators are available to the upper floors.
How to Reach Altes Rathaus
- Train: Bonn
- Bus No: SB60, Bus stop: Bonn's central bus station
- Cassius Garten
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bonn include Altes Rathaus in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
61.51% of people start their Altes Rathaus visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Altes Rathaus
60.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Altes Rathaus