Bonn is the birthplace of music legend, Ludwig van Beethoven. It attracts thousands of tourists everywhere to the city to connect to his musical brilliance. Serving as a memorial site, the Beethoven-HausMuseumis a popular museum and a cultural institution in Bonn. Scholarly demonstrations are conducted here during the day time.
Founded in 1889 by the Beethoven-Haus association,the museum houses an impressive collection of digital copies as well as visualrecords. Beethoven’s original birthplace is the Bonngasse 20 while the neighbouring buildings accommodate the research centre on his music archives. The museum was officially opened for the public on 10thMay 1893 during the second chamber music festival. Apart from the family possessions, the museum also exhibits portraits, manuscripts, music printouts in sheets, instruments and even diary pages exclusive to Beethoven’s life.
Beethoven-haus Museum Travel Tips
- The attraction is highlighted in the local tour books as Beethoven House as well.
- Audio Tour guides are available in eleven different languages that include Chinese, Japanese and French.
- The last batch of visitors is admitted 25 minutes before the closing time.
- Don’t click photographs without permission.
- Maintain silence and ensure that the kids don’t trespass into restricted areas.
- The annual event of Beethoven Fest is organized in the month of September.
Entrance Ticket Details For Beethoven-haus Museum
- Group of 50 students : €4
- Family (2 parents +children):€12
- Group of 15:€ 5
- Members of the Beethoven-Haus Society:€ 25
How to Reach Beethoven-haus Museum
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: SB60,Bus stop: Bonn's central bus station near the Hauptbahnhof.
- Hotel Maritim Bonn
- Gold Braun Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bonn include Beethoven-haus Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.39% of people start their Beethoven-haus Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Beethoven-haus Museum
50.61% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Beethoven-haus Museum