Beethoven StatueCurrently Open
- Address: Marktplatz, Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Memorial, Statue, Family And Kids
Bonn’s love for its native composer is evident everywhere. The Beethoven Statue is an expressive piece of sculpting that inspires thousands of artists visiting Bonn. Installed in 1845, the bronze statue was installed on the Münsterplatz in a ceremony attended by Friedrich Wilhelm IV and Queen Victoria.
Sculpted by Ernst Julius Hähnel and Friedrich von Amerling, the monument represents the Beethoven’s significant contribution to music.The statue was cast by the Nuremberg founder Jakob Daniel Burgschmiet.
The idea to build a permanent memorial for Beethoven was taken by the “Bonn Association for the Beethoven Monument", headed by August Schlegel in 1835. The statue represents the 4 pillars of music:
A supporting concrete sculpture made by Klaus Kammerichs was unveiled in 1986. The Beethoven Monument hosts the annual three-month musical carnival every November, extended up to Ash Wednesday in February.
- Plan your trip to match the carnival event. Any time between November and February is suitable.
- Carry a camera to capture the festive mood.
- Food stalls and itemized shops are located around the Beethoven Monument.
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: SB60, Bus stop: Bonn's central bus station
- Cassius Garten
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.05% of people who visit Bonn include Beethoven Statue in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
32.94% of people start their Beethoven Statue visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Beethoven Statue
86.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Beethoven Statue