Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat BonnCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Botanischen Garten Bonn, MeckenheimerAllee/PoppeldorferAllee, 170, D-53115, Bonn, West, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-228735523
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Botanical Garden, Nature
The BotanischeGärten der Universität Bonn is one of the oldest gardens in North Alps. It is spread lavishly across the Clemensruh Palace (PoppelsdorferSchloss) covering 6.5 hectares of land. For 400 years, it served as a place of extensive botanical research on plant cultivation and horticulture. The garden has been part of the University of Bonn since its inception in 1818. Today, it has more than 8000 plant species from across the world conserved in separate sections, maintained by the University.
The garden is divided into:
- Systematic section: 1200 species with evolutionary explanations
- Arboretum: 700 species of woody plants
- Geographical section
- Biotope and endangered plants section
The key attractions in the garden are:
- Mediterranean House
- House of ferns
- House of palms
- Victoria house
- Beech trees over 200 years old
- Titan arums
The idea to turn the garden into a lab of scientific botany was conceived by Dr. Christian Gottfried Daniel Nees von Esenbeck. Its present layout was restored in 1979 after being damaged in World War II. The 15th century painting of the garden is also exhibited in the garden area.
- This attraction is also known as The Bonn Botanic Garden.
- There are education signs in the garden to help locate the plants and layouts.
- Permanent public displays can be used for reference.
- Guided tours are available on prior reservation.
- Some parts of the garden are permanently closed for visitors. Don’t trespass into such areas.
Sundays and Public holidays: € 3
- 10 am-12 noon; 2 pm- 4 pm
- Closed between 12 noon- 2 pm
- Sundays: Closed between 10 am- 5:30 pm
- Saturdays : Closed
General Guided tours:
- Sundays and Public Holidays: 11 am- 3 pm
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bonn include Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
70% of people start their Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn
These gardens are really amazing botanical gardens. They have many diverse plant species from different parts of the world. The grounds are kept in very good condition and the gardens and greenhouses are very beautiful. I would definitely recommend it for a relaxed day out. There is also a huge lizard in one of the greenhouses.
The place is awesome. I really recommend people that love the plant kingdom. You can see that the plants are classified in the field according to their evolutionary relation. And you have the closed green houses, which you can find a place for: 1. Tropical plants (it is hot inside. LOL) 2. Desert plants .. Etc
#nature Really nice place to visit. Quiet, beautiful, you can think, meditate, be chilled and hang out in a nature environment. Perfect option for a date, but not in Winter 😅🤭
Great place. They have plants there, did you know?
It is beautifull, unfortunetely you can only access 1/4 of the garden