Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn, Bonn
About Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn, Bonn
Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn, Bonn - Address, Phone Number
Address: Botanischen Garten Bonn, MeckenheimerAllee/PoppeldorferAllee, 170, D-53115, Bonn, West, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.2K times in trip plans
Garden, Botanical Garden, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The BotanischeGärten der Universität Bonn is one of the oldest gardens in North Alps. It is spread lavishly across the Clemensruh Palace (PoppelsdorferSchloss) covering 6.5 hectares of land. For 400 years, it served as a place of extensive botanical research on plant cultivation and horticulture. The garden has been part of the University of Bonn since its inception in 1818. Today, it has more than 8000 plant species from across the world conserved in separate sections, maintained by the University.
The garden is divided into:
- Systematic section: 1200 species with evolutionary explanations
- Arboretum: 700 species of woody plants
- Geographical section
- Biotope and endangered plants section
The key attractions in the garden are:
- Mediterranean House
- House of ferns
- House of palms
- Victoria house
- Beech trees over 200 years old
- Titan arums
The idea to turn the garden into a lab of scientific botany was conceived by Dr. Christian Gottfried Daniel Nees von Esenbeck. Its present layout was restored in 1979 after being damaged in World War II. The 15th century painting of the garden is also exhibited in the garden area.
Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn Information
- This attraction is also known as The Bonn Botanic Garden.
- There are education signs in the garden to help locate the plants and layouts.
- Permanent public displays can be used for reference.
- Guided tours are available on prior reservation.
- Some parts of the garden are permanently closed for visitors. Don’t trespass into such areas.
Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn Ticket Prices
Sundays and Public holidays: € 3
Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn Opening and Closing Hours
- 10 am-12 noon; 2 pm- 4 pm
- Closed between 12 noon- 2 pm
- Sundays: Closed between 10 am- 5:30 pm
- Saturdays : Closed
General Guided tours:
- Sundays and Public Holidays: 11 am- 3 pm
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn, Bonn Reviews - Write a Review
Not the biggest botanical garden, but well maintained and presented
Beautiful location in Bonn and the best it's free of charge, no entrance fee, worth seeing it:-)
If you're in the area you have to visit the Botanischer Garten. There's a big outdoor area with hundreds, possibly thousands of trees, shrubs and flowers. Check out the topical room and the impressive cactus room. There's a highlight most springtimes with the 24-blooming of the Titanus flower - the largest in the world. It stinks, literally. It's famous for it! Watch out for the torchlight concert in August.Spet, a great evening for the kids.
The flowers bloom brilliantly in various colors. The setting is filled with plants from all over the world. The indoor tropical areas are fantastic to see the plants from the deepest parts of the jungle.
Love this botanical garden, peaceful place with interesting species
- Nearby Attractions
- Junges Theater Bonn
- Harmonie Bonn
- Haus Der Springmaus E.v.
- Belderberg 19
- Daad - Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst
- Lvr-landesmuseum Bonn
- Bonn Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bonn
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bonn