Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn1016 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Botanischen Garten Bonn, MeckenheimerAllee/PoppeldorferAllee, 170, D-53115, Bonn, West, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-228735523
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Botanical Garden, Nature
The BotanischeGärten der Universität Bonn is one of the oldest gardens in North Alps. It is spread lavishly across the Clemensruh Palace (PoppelsdorferSchloss) covering 6.5 hectares of land. For 400 years, it served as a place of extensive botanical research on plant cultivation and horticulture. The garden has been part of the University of Bonn since its inception in 1818. Today, it has more than 8000 plant species from across the world conserved in separate sections, maintained by the University.
The garden is divided into:
- Systematic section: 1200 species with evolutionary explanations
- Arboretum: 700 species of woody plants
- Geographical section
- Biotope and endangered plants section
The key attractions in the garden are:
- Mediterranean House
- House of ferns
- House of palms
- Victoria house
- Beech trees over 200 years old
- Titan arums
The idea to turn the garden into a lab of scientific botany was conceived by Dr. Christian Gottfried Daniel Nees von Esenbeck. Its present layout was restored in 1979 after being damaged in World War II. The 15th century painting of the garden is also exhibited in the garden area.
Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn Travel Tips
- This attraction is also known as The Bonn Botanic Garden.
- There are education signs in the garden to help locate the plants and layouts.
- Permanent public displays can be used for reference.
- Guided tours are available on prior reservation.
- Some parts of the garden are permanently closed for visitors. Don’t trespass into such areas.
Entrance Ticket Details For Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn
Sundays and Public holidays: € 3
Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn Hours
- 10 am-12 noon; 2 pm- 4 pm
- Closed between 12 noon- 2 pm
- Sundays: Closed between 10 am- 5:30 pm
- Saturdays : Closed
General Guided tours:
- Sundays and Public Holidays: 11 am- 3 pm
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bonn include Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
70% of people start their Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn