Freizeitpark Rheinaue, Bonn
About Freizeitpark Rheinaue, Bonn
Freizeitpark Rheinaue, Bonn - Address, Phone Number
Address: Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 20, 53175 Bonn, Germany
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 03:00 pm - 08:45 pm Details
Added 9.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Park, Landmark, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Boating, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The FreizeitparkRheinaue located on the bank of River Rhine is a fascinating place to paddle around with the kids and friends. Rated as a cool picnic spot by the locals, the Leisure Park also attracts thousands of foreign tourists from across the world. A striated paver footpath, designer gardens and bating lake form a natural escapade along the river line.
The Parkland was established in 1979 as part of the National Horticultural Show. The terrain forms the heart of Bonn covering over 160 hectares of land. Apart from the sprawling carpet of luscious green landscape, you can also boat around in the pedalos of the AuenseeLake or take a cycle tour. The six pontoon bridges connect the different spots in the park.
Key attractions are:
- The Japanese Garden
- The Garden for the Blind.
- Rose Garden
- Roman Street
- Spoon Forest
- Bismarck Tower
- Educational Track of the Trees of the Year
In short, it’s a visual delight for garden lovers and is now the emblem of Bonn’s recreational district.
Freizeitpark Rheinaue Information
- It is locally identified on the tour guide programs as Rheinaue Leisure Park.
- The garden is wet in the morning. Watch your steps.
- The park organizes the iconic “Rhein in Flammen" firework annual event on the first Saturday of May.
- The park hosts Annual Beer Fest and Hot Air Balloon Show during summers.
- A mega flea market and fair is organized every third Saturday of the month between April and October.
- Plucking flowers or taking samples is strictly prohibited.
- Don’t eat or spill drinks into the carpet lawns.
How To reach Freizeitpark Rheinaue by Public Transport
- Bus No: 610 and 611, Nearest Bus stop: Rheinauen
- Tram No: 66, Nearest Tram stop: Rheinauen
Restaurants Near Freizeitpark Rheinaue
- Rüen Thai
- Cafe Fassbender
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Freizeitpark Rheinaue, Bonn Reviews - Write a Review
Very nice and good place for jogging, bicycling, or walking around with your family. It also has beautiful lake with a lot of swans and ducks.
The green and quite of the place transform you to another level. An excellent place to stroll.
A huge and beautiful park with so much to see. You can spend quality time here and even be close to the Rhine. On some days there are great events like the fleemarket and more. Relax here and enjoy the park.
Park is very well tended. There are plenty of beautiful sights to experience and perfect for taking a walk.
A great place to have a walk and get some fresh air. Good attractions occasionally do keep an eye
- Nearby Attractions
- Lvr-landesmuseum Bonn
- Museum Koenig
- Stiftung Arboretum Park Härle
- Ev. Kirchengemeinde Bornheim, Pfr'n. Susanne Back-bauer
- St. Remigius
- Japanischer Garten
- Dachgarten Parkomanie
- Legale Graffiti-wall
- Bonn Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bonn
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bonn