Haus Der Geschichte, Bonn
About Haus Der Geschichte, Bonn
Haus Der Geschichte, Bonn - Address, Phone Number
Address: Willy-Brandt-Allee 14, 53113 Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 12.9K times in trip plans
Museum, Tourist Center, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Bonn is home to the contemporary history of Neo-Prussian regime. Located along the Museum Mile, the Haus der Geschichteis a popular tourist attraction close to the subway station. It is decorated with the items belonging to the pre-Unification years beginning in 1945. Be it the rise of the German engineering or the fall of the Berlin wall, the museum exhibits the astonishing transformation of the country across a floor space of 22,000 square meters.
TheHaus der Geschichte der Bundesrepublik Deutschlandwas designed in 1985 by the duo of Ingeborg and HartmutRüdiger from Braunschweig. It was the brainchild of the Chancellor of Germany, Helmut Kohl. It was completed in the year 1989. It forms a circle of popular exhibition sites like:
- The Zeitgeschichtliches Forum Leipzig,
- Bahnhof Friedrichstraße, “Tränenpalast" am
- Museum in der Kulturbrauerei
- Political Cartoon gallery
Special orientation programs are arranged for physically challenged persons and small kids.
Haus Der Geschichte Information
- The museum is locally called‘German National Museum of Contemporary History.’
- Exhibitions are exclusively presented in German language.
- Guide booklets are available with English translation for €2.
- The guide booklets are free for students.
- The museum officials encourage the visitors to make comments and hold discussions on the idea of an exhibited item.
How To reach Haus Der Geschichte by Public Transport
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: SB60, Bus stop: Bonn's central bus station near the Hauptbahnhof.
- Studbahn Subway, Nearest subway station: Heusallee/Museumsmeile
Restaurants Near Haus Der Geschichte
- La piccola
- Bagel Brothers
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Haus Der Geschichte, Bonn Reviews - Write a Review
Sehr interessant! You must to come and visit this museam.
Very well maintained museum! Too many technologies used to showcase the history. Moreover it is free of cost.
The House of the History of the Federal Republic of Germany is one of the best museums of its kind and a visit is highly suggested to those interested in German culture and history. The exhibitions are carefully chosen and perfectly described or explained in numerous foreign languages. The museum is only a few meters away from the river Rhine and other impressive sights in Germany's former capital city. It's easily accessible by bus, foot or train.
Great Place to live and see german History.....!!! I Like it
Everybody must visit this museum to get a clear prospective about Germany and it's recent history. The entrance is free and there are plenty of locker rooms to keep your belongings while you are visiting the museum. There is also a restaurant and restrooms.
- Nearby Attractions
- Doppelkirche St. Maria Und St. Clemens
- Kreuzbergkirche Church
- Estatua De Beethoven
- Heilige Stiege
- Doppelkirche Or Doppelkirche Schwarzrheindorf
- Arboretum Park Haerle
- Baden Hotel
- Schloss Drachenburg
- Der Spanier
- Bonn Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bonn
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bonn