How to Reach Bonn
- By Air: Cologne-Bonn is the closest airport to the city that operates low-budget air carriers like Germanwings and TufFly. The airport has services from several international destinations at comparatively cheaper prices. From the airport you can reach the city through a bus, take a train to Bonn Buel or simply hire a taxi.
- By Train: Trains run from Frankfurt to Bonn Hauptbahnhof station in the city. It should take about 2 hours to reach Bonn.
- By Car: Bonn can be accessed through several motorways from various European regions like A555 from Cologne Düsseldorf, A3 from Frankfurt and A2 from Berlin.
- On Foot: It is very comfortable to walk around Bonn as the city is compact and most of the places of interest are in proximity.
- By Bus: Stadtwerke Bonn has excellent bus services to get around the city. Single tickets, day passes or weekly passes can be acquired at ticket counters and vending machines. The tickets can be bought on the bus too.
- By Subway: The subway service is also run by Stadtwerke Bonn and the ticket system is same as it is the bus.
- By Tram: Apart from the bus and subway, Stadtwerke Bonn also operates a great tram system, which has the same ticket acquiring method.
- By Bicycles: Another easy way to explore the city is renting a bike and pedalling around. There is a bike rental service at the train station. You can hire a bicycle at platform 1 of Deutsche Bahn or at the back of Radstation.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bonn. The most preferred mode of transport in Bonn is Walking.
Average distance: 5.2 km Average time: 21.54 min
Walking 38.46%Walking 14.8 min Waiting 4 min Bike 3 min Train 2.4 min Tram 1.8 min Bus 1.4 min Overall average time for 3.64 kms 27.4 min
Bus/Trolleybus 15.38%Bus 20.5 min Walking 4.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 27.5 min
Bike 30.77%Bike 11.25 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 3.1 kms 11.75 min
Car 15.38%Driving 15 min Walking 5.5 min Overall average time for 12.5 kms 20.5 min