Kreuzbergkirche ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Kreuzbergkirche, Stationsweg 21, 53127 Bonn, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2282899920
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Kreuzbergkirche Church - Review
The holy building of Kreuzbergkirche is the splendid highlight of Bonn’s love for Baroque-styled monuments. It is located on Stationsweg in Poppelsdorf. It has been a popular pilgrimage site since its inception in 1627 by Elector Ferdinandof Bavaria. The opulent stairs leading to the altar were designed by the Bonn builder, Balthasar Neumann.
KreuzbergkircheChurch sits on top of the Cross Mountain and holds the threeStations of the Cross. The church received the Holy Stairs as donation from Clemens August. There are many 17th century sculptures and frescos here that are in an impressive state.
Star highlights of the church:
- Brass crosses embedded on the second, eleventh and last of 28 flights.
- Triumph of Cross
- The Stations of the Cross
- Centre of International Education and Cultural Exchange
Kreuzbergkirche Church Information
- The place is also called as ‘the Holy Stairs’.
- You can offer prayers in the morning hours along with local pilgrims.
- The church is part of the Old Town. You can shop around for antique items at really cheap prices.
How To reach Kreuzbergkirche Church by Public Transport
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: SB60, Bus stop: Bonn's central bus station near the Hauptbahnhof.
Restaurants Near Kreuzbergkirche Church
- Bonne Baguette
- Cafe Blau
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kreuzbergkirche Church
31.41% of people who visit Bonn include Kreuzbergkirche Church in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
33.9% of people start their Kreuzbergkirche Church visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kreuzbergkirche Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kreuzbergkirche Church
Kreuzbergkirche Church Trips
Kreuzbergkirche Church, Bonn Reviews
The scenery is just awesome! Well structured and isolated from noise... A walking distance to the supermarket downtown... Fantastic!
Unique baroque church on top of a hill from which you have a nice view on the Bonn-Köln area. Worth the walk from the Poppelsdorfer Castle. Go back through the Poppelsdorfer Friedhof with a lot of historic graves.
Bei gutem Wetter gute Aussicht bis nach Köln. Leider sehr viele unangeleinte Hunde und entsprechende Hinterlassenschaften.
Um lindo local.