Kunstmuseum Bonn, Bonn
About Kunstmuseum Bonn, Bonn
Kunstmuseum Bonn, Bonn - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 2, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.2K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Bonn is often regarded as the ‘Exhibition City’ and the Kunstmuseum Bonn is a testimony to the tag. Founded in 1947, the modern art museum exhibits permanent as well as temporary collections. The aesthetically designed building focuses majorly on Rhine-esque Expressionism and Post-war German art. The present museum actually evolved from the Villa Obernier City Museum, founded in 1884.
Located along the Museum Mile, the building built by Axel Schultes was opened in 1992. It has an airy ambience with three openings.
Major Highlights of the museum are:
- Print collection by Beuys and Max Ernst
- Graphics collection from Bolliger Collection
- The Oppenheim Collection of video art
It has a total exhibition area of 4000 square metres with exquisite stairs cut like fine jewellery. Apart from canvas artworks, the museum also exhibits print collections and video art. Works on display belong to elite artists like George Baselitz, Joseph Beuys, Wolf Vostell, Lucio Fontana, Janis Kounellis, Anselm Kiefer, Robert Delaunay and Richard Long. The Videonale Festival is organized at the museum as a biennial event.
Kunstmuseum Bonn Information
- The attraction is also known as The Bonn Museum of Modern Art.
- The prices of the ticket vary depending on the group size.
- Alarms go off if you touch any painting. Stand at a distance of 1 metre from the paintings.
- Don’t click photographs without permission.
- Scholarly demonstrations are conducted during the day time. Maintain silence and ensure that the kids don’t trespass into restricted areas.
- Individual tours in non-German language have to be reserved in advance.
- The group size is limited to 30 people only.
- Workshops are organized by the museum for adult visitors and pre-school kids.
Kunstmuseum Bonn Ticket Prices
- Children below 6 years: Euros 0.00
- Students: Euros 2.50
- Family Ticket: Euros 10
- Annual Ticket: 40 Euros
- Guided tours: 50 Euros
How To reach Kunstmuseum Bonn by Public Transport
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: 610, Bus stop: Heussallee
- Subway train: Line No 16, 63 and 66; Stop: Heussallee
Restaurants Near Kunstmuseum Bonn
- Hotel Maritim Bonn
- Gold Braun Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kunstmuseum Bonn, Bonn Reviews - Write a Review
An all around nice museum.
Cool art museum
Must see in Bonn! Nice architecture, good exhibitions (now on impressionist collections from Japan) and nice walk from the center along the river.
- Nearby Attractions
- Kreuzbergkirche Church
- Estatua De Beethoven
- Heilige Stiege
- Doppelkirche Or Doppelkirche Schwarzrheindorf
- Arboretum Park Haerle
- Baden Hotel
- Schloss Drachenburg
- Der Spanier
- Kammer Musiksaal
- Bonn Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bonn
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bonn
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bonn
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bonn