Kunstmuseum BonnCurrently Closed
- Address: Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 2, 53113 Bonn, Germany, 53113
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-228776260
- Fax: +49-0228776220
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museums, Social, Arts, Museums
Bonn is often regarded as the ‘Exhibition City’ and the Kunstmuseum Bonn is a testimony to the tag. Founded in 1947, the modern art museum exhibits permanent as well as temporary collections. The aesthetically designed building focuses majorly on Rhine-esque Expressionism and Post-war German art. The present museum actually evolved from the Villa Obernier City Museum, founded in 1884.
Located along the Museum Mile, the building built by Axel Schultes was opened in 1992. It has an airy ambience with three openings.
Major Highlights of the museum are:
- Print collection by Beuys and Max Ernst
- Graphics collection from Bolliger Collection
- The Oppenheim Collection of video art
It has a total exhibition area of 4000 square metres with exquisite stairs cut like fine jewellery. Apart from canvas artworks, the museum also exhibits print collections and video art. Works on display belong to elite artists like George Baselitz, Joseph Beuys, Wolf Vostell, Lucio Fontana, Janis Kounellis, Anselm Kiefer, Robert Delaunay and Richard Long. The Videonale Festival is organized at the museum as a biennial event.
- The attraction is also known as The Bonn Museum of Modern Art.
- The prices of the ticket vary depending on the group size.
- Alarms go off if you touch any painting. Stand at a distance of 1 metre from the paintings.
- Don’t click photographs without permission.
- Scholarly demonstrations are conducted during the day time. Maintain silence and ensure that the kids don’t trespass into restricted areas.
- Individual tours in non-German language have to be reserved in advance.
- The group size is limited to 30 people only.
- Workshops are organized by the museum for adult visitors and pre-school kids.
- Children below 6 years: Euros 0.00
- Students: Euros 2.50
- Family Ticket: Euros 10
- Annual Ticket: 40 Euros
- Guided tours: 50 Euros
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: 610, Bus stop: Heussallee
- Subway train: Line No 16, 63 and 66; Stop: Heussallee
- Hotel Maritim Bonn
- Gold Braun Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bonn include Kunstmuseum Bonn in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
48% of people start their Kunstmuseum Bonn visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kunstmuseum Bonn
82.8% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kunstmuseum Bonn
People normally club together Haus Der Geschichte Bonn and Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn while planning their visit to Kunstmuseum Bonn.
I've been here during the exhibition of Marina Abramovic, on a beautiful sunny day. Special about this place is the rooftop garden, where your mind can relax after the input of the exhibition. This ease of mind made me ready for the Nasca exhibition on the second floor.
Some nice installations. Well organized, and always people available to assist and guide.
Great museum with always interesting exhibition. Nice staff.
Some nice installations, some not so nice. Helpful and freindly staff.
Nice architecture and exposition. Even the City of Bonn is welcoming