Munsterbasilika St. MartinCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Gerhard von Arestrasse 5, Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Timings: 07:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Bonn is home to some of the most fascinating Romanesque churches in Europe. The MünsterBasilika St. Martin is a pristine attraction in the city that houses hidden secrets of the 2nd century Roman art and religion. It is often considered as the first Roman church to install a classical organ inside its walls.
Built in the 12th century for the patrons of the church, St. Martin Basilica continues to be the seat of the Theban Legion. It is also a part of Beethoven’s life. The composer gave organ and choir lessons in this church.
Munsterbasilika St. Martin Travel Tips
- The museum is often referred to as the Basilica of St Martin.
- The choir area is a restricted passage.
- The organs installed in the church are restored to their former glory. Do try your luck in playing a few tunes.
- It’s a revered place for most. Maintain the sanctity.
- Mass days and weekends often get crowded due to visits by pilgrims.
- Use of mobile phones, tablets and music players are strictly restricted.
How to Reach Munsterbasilika St. Martin
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: SB60, Bus stop: Bonn's central bus station near the Hauptbahnhof
- Studbahn Subway, Nearest subway station: Heusallee/Museumsmeile
- La piccola
- Bagel Brothers
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.07% of people who visit Bonn include Munsterbasilika St. Martin in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Munsterbasilika St. Martin visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Munsterbasilika St. Martin
86.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Munsterbasilika St. Martin
People normally club together Wildpark Venusberg and Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn while planning their visit to Munsterbasilika St. Martin.