Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander KoenigCurrently Closed
The Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig (ZFMK) is an important natural museum and a zoological research institution in Germany managed by the University of Bonn since May, 1934. It was modelled after the Museum of Natural History, Berlin.
ZFMK is named after its founder, Alexander Koenig owing to his contribution to specimen collection and natural history. The museum was founded with an intention to showcase the private collection of Koenig as part of a permanent exhibition. The foundation stone was laid in 1912 but it took nearly 20 years for completion. It served as the seat of Parliamentary council for west Germany after World War II.
- Our Blue Planet- Life in the Network
- The Private Museum
- The Class M. Naumann Building
- Skeletal head of an Orca
- Restored skeleton of Leonerasaurus
- Diorama of the African veldt
The public exhibition is housed in the main building in a large central hall with glass roof.
Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig Travel Tips
- The museum is known as the Alexander Koenig Zoological Research Institute and Museum in international circuit.
- The last batch of visitors is allowed 1 hour before the official closing time.
- Special focus is placed on groups of visitors with special needs.
- Themed tours are led by experts accompanied by individual audio lecturers.
- Elevators are available for moving to the upper floors.
How to Reach Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig
- Train: Bonn Central
- Bus No: SB60, Bus stop: Bonn's central bus station near the Hauptbahnhof.
- Cafe Pawlow
- So Ho Kitchen
- First Flush Tea Room
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bonn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bonn and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.21% of people who visit Bonn include Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
44.14% of people start their Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig
94.05% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig
People normally club together Botanische Garten Der Friedrich-wilhelms-universitat Bonn and Kunstmuseum Bonn while planning their visit to Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig.