Grande Theatre De Bordeaux, Bordeaux
About Grande Theatre De Bordeaux, Bordeaux
Grande Theatre De Bordeaux, Bordeaux - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place de la Comedie, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 01:00 pm - 06:30 pm Details
Added 13.2K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids, Architecture , Opera House
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A lot of tourists feel more than satisfied enough to admire this beautiful building from the outside. It’s grand, true; Victor Louis was building a neo-classical temple of Arts and Light with Corinthian columns and statues of the nine muses and of Juno, Minerva and Venus. It was beautiful enough that it was briefly used the National Assembly, and now, done up in blue and gold, it’s more beautiful than ever. But to leave Bordeaux without a visit to the opera would be an incredible loss. The theatre has over 200 permanent artists working for it, and over 200,000 visitors pass through it’s doors every year for some truly brilliant performances. Even if there’s no performance during your timeframe, try and get a guided tour of the insides. Two major groups, the Opéra National de Bordeaux and Ballet National de Bordeaux have made the theatre their home.
Grande Theatre De Bordeaux Information
- Ticket prices depend on what you’re going to see. Check the website for details, but keep Google Translate ready. It’s all in French.
- There are various discounts you can have. Check website.
- Parking at Tourney and Place de la Bourse.
- At the opera boutique you can pick up stationery, leather, jewellery, breakfast and games.
Grande Theatre De Bordeaux Ticket Prices
- EUR 3 for the guided tour.
How To reach Grande Theatre De Bordeaux by Public Transport
- Line B stop Grand Theatre
- Line C stop Quinconces
Restaurants Near Grande Theatre De Bordeaux
- Baud et Millet
- Chez Geg, Bodega Bodega
- Bio d’Aquitaine, Kusmi Tea
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bordeaux before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bordeaux and book an accommodation of your choice.
Grande Theatre De Bordeaux, Bordeaux Reviews - Write a Review
Tickets are a little pricey, but the inside of this place is stunning. It's relatively small so there shouldn't be a bad seat in the house. Great place to see some theatre
Beautiful building and quality performances. *However* buyer be warned: if you get a cheap ticket you will get a cheap view. There are many seats that have partial views of the stage. So if you're just going for the music, feel free to get a less expensive seat. But if you want to see the show then treat yo self or you'll end up leaving at intermission;)
5 stars for the beautiful building. The surroundings are amazing as well.
Una pieza de arquitectura impresionante. I loved it. The square in front is really cosy and nice to have a drink.
Très bel opera👌 I have visited this place just to see the building as itself and enjoy the ongoing exhibition: PAYSAGE EN SCENE (July-September 2017). The exhibition was not anything special bu I enjoyed the overall look around and the beauty of the opera itself!
- Nearby Attractions
- Natural-net Agence Web Et Webmarketing
- Stade Chaban-delmas
- Intercontinental Bordeaux - Le Grand Hôtel
- Le Bordeaux
- Les Vivres D'Art
- AviaSim Bordeaux
- Laser Game Evolution Bordeaux
- Sommellerie Renaud Beaugrand
- FRAC Aquitaine
- Musee Des Compagnons Du Tour De France
- Bordeaux Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bordeaux
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bordeaux
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bordeaux
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bordeaux
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bordeaux
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bordeaux