How to Reach Bordeaux
The Easiest Way to Reach Bordeaux
- By Air: Bordeaux-Merignac Airport- Serves mostly domestic flights, but also linked to Paris, Amsterdam, London and Madrid. An express bus (EUR 7) will take you from the airport to the city centre. A public bus availed from the right of the Arrivals exit will charge you EUR 1.40 to take you to Gambetta.
- By Train: Gare Saint Jean -Is 4km away from the city centre. Trains regularly go to Paris, Toulouse, Masrseille, Nice. There are trams (line C), taxis and buses to grab right outside the station.
- By Car: A10 and N10(north) and A63(south) are the major highways leading into the city.
The current mayor of Bordeaux has given public transport and the general look of the city quite a facelift. Though the city is big, the best things are around the town centre. And the town centre is very, very walk able. Three tramlines and a number of bus lines get around the city. Single fare tickets cost EUR 1.40, but are cheaper bought in packs of 5 or 10. Ticket are valid for an hour of unlimited transfers between vehicles. Tickets may be brought from automated machines at tramway stops. A city wide bike sharing programme called VCUB has been introduced, but you’ll have to put down a EUR 200 deposit.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Bordeaux and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Bordeaux
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bordeaux. The most preferred mode of transport in Bordeaux is Working from Home.
Average distance: 6.7 km Average time: 32.8 min
Bike 28.57%Bike 27.5 min Overall average time for 9 kms 27.5 min
Walking 14.29%Walking 12 min Bike 5 min Overall average time for 1 kms 17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14.29%Bus 17 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 27 min
Tram/Streetcar 14.29%Tram 40 min Walking 15 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 9 kms 65 min
- How to reach Cities Near Bordeaux
- How to reach Adilly
- How to reach Villemur-sur-tarn
- How to reach Montégut-bourjac
- How to reach Bossay-sur-claise
- How to reach Morlanne
- How to reach Boutiers-saint-trojan
- How to reach Fontenet
- How to reach Saint-julien-de-coppel
- How to reach Faleyras
- How to reach Thilouze
- How to reach Labastide-d'anjou
- How to reach Ytrac
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Kronjo
- How to reach Cuiabá Paulista
- How to reach Peggys Cove
- How to reach Adamantina
- How to reach Cuparaque
- How to reach Manguinhos
- How to reach Salto Do Jacuí
- How to reach Sweeny
- How to reach Campo Limpo Paulista
- How to reach Santiago Atitlán