Boston is the capital of the state of Massachusetts in United States of America. Officially one of the most influential cities, there is no reason at all to not visit the city at least once in your lifetime. The history of Boston is full of revolutions and path breaking events and yet the city breathes air of modernization like no other.
Persuaded by Politics, Boston is academically one of the most renowned places all over the World. The academic institutions here make it a matter of pride for anyone who studies here and the city offers a perfect environment to support that learning. On one hand, this place seems like an area of fancy buildings and perfect if you want to make it big. But on the other hand, the locals and neighborhoods offer you all the warmth that is required to make a place accommodating. You can find lots of Boston tours, where the guides will make you feel like local.
Known as Athens of America, architecture has thrived here from centuries ago. Right from the museums to the libraries to the symphony orchestras, Boston has a lot of things to offer to you! Even as a sports fan there is so much for you to be amazed about. The Celtics, the Bruins give you just about another reason to be very passionate about the city.
The best part about Boston in terms of food undoubtedly is the experiments they do with different kinds of sea foods. Food is an important companion of everybody’s vacation; and here there is an absolute lot to try out. Being one of the oldest cities in the whole of United states, it is difficult to just walk around the streets and not be enlightened by some fun fact on the way. The food in Chinatown, the walk along the Freedom Trail, a quiet day at Boston Public Garden, an afternoon at Fenway Park- you will never get enough of Boston! Each one of you should visit Boston at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Boston.
Essential travel information and Boston tips for your visit
- Time Zone-It follows the Eastern Time Zone. UTC: 05:00
- Currency- US Dollar ($)
- Electric power is standardized in all states across the USA. It is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts.
- Although you will end up finding people speaking various languages here but english is the most widely spoken.
Emergency Contact numbers
- State Police 617-740-7600
- Transit Police 617-222-1212
- Police/Fire/EMS 911
- Servce Requests 311
- Roxbury, Dorchester,Mattapan, Marshalls in the Downtown Crossing area are said to be thriving with gangs. Better to avoid if alone and do not carry a lot of cash.
- After dark walking alone is not safe. Cabs are quite safe so avoid walking back at night.
- In all it is quite a safe city and you do not have much to worry about.
- Take the Black heritage trail.
- Avoid North end and head to south end.
- Try out Oyster at Neptune Oyster.
- Hotel porter toting your bags: $2 to $3 per bag
- Doorman if he hails your cab: $2 to $5
- Room service without gratuity included: 20 percent
- Concierge: $5 to $15, depending on task difficulty
For restaurants and bars and pubs and fast food:
- Restaurant wait staff: 13 percent to 20 percent of the bill
- Takeout: $ 1 to 2
- Tip Jars: depends on you
- 10 to 15% of your fare
- Most restaurants provide complimentary water - with loads of ice.
- Since 1965, every October in Cambridge, MA celebrates The Head of the Charles regatta. This is a Rowing competition on the Charles River and draws a huge crowd.
- When walking around in Boston, to get the weather forecast all you have to do is look at the light on the Old John Hancock building.
- Do buy Boston fridge magnets.
- Suggested to check the availability of selected Boston tours before you go for bookings.
Boston Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Boston. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Boston trip planner.