Boston Tourism, Massachusetts
Visit Boston - Best of Boston
Boston is the capital of the state of Massachusetts in United States of America. Officially one of the most influential cities, there is no reason at all to not visit the city at least once in your lifetime. The history of Boston is full of revolutions and path breaking events and yet the city breathes air of modernization like no other.
Persuaded by Politics, Boston is academically one of the most renowned places all over the World. The academic institutions here make it a matter of pride for anyone who studies here and the city offers a perfect environment to support that learning. On one hand, this place seems like an area of fancy buildings and perfect if you want to make it big. But on the other hand, the locals and neighborhoods offer you all the warmth that is required to make a place accommodating. You can find lots of Boston tours, where the guides will make you feel like local.
Known as Athens of America, architecture has thrived here from centuries ago. Right from the museums to the libraries to the symphony orchestras, Boston has a lot of things to offer to you! Even as a sports fan there is so much for you to be amazed about. The Celtics, the Bruins give you just about another reason to be very passionate about the city.
The best part about Boston in terms of food undoubtedly is the experiments they do with different kinds of sea foods. Food is an important companion of everybody’s vacation; and here there is an absolute lot to try out. Being one of the oldest cities in the whole of United states, it is difficult to just walk around the streets and not be enlightened by some fun fact on the way. The food in Chinatown, the walk along the Freedom Trail, a quiet day at Boston Public Garden, an afternoon at Fenway Park- you will never get enough of Boston! Each one of you should visit Boston at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Boston.
Boston Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Boston tips for your visit
- Time Zone-It follows the Eastern Time Zone. UTC: 05:00
- Currency- US Dollar ($)
- Electric power is standardized in all states across the USA. It is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts.
- Although you will end up finding people speaking various languages here but english is the most widely spoken.
Emergency Contact numbers
- State Police 617-740-7600
- Transit Police 617-222-1212
- Police/Fire/EMS 911
- Servce Requests 311
- Roxbury, Dorchester,Mattapan, Marshalls in the Downtown Crossing area are said to be thriving with gangs. Better to avoid if alone and do not carry a lot of cash.
- After dark walking alone is not safe. Cabs are quite safe so avoid walking back at night.
- In all it is quite a safe city and you do not have much to worry about.
- Take the Black heritage trail.
- Avoid North end and head to south end.
- Try out Oyster at Neptune Oyster.
- Hotel porter toting your bags: $2 to $3 per bag
- Doorman if he hails your cab: $2 to $5
- Room service without gratuity included: 20 percent
- Concierge: $5 to $15, depending on task difficulty
For restaurants and bars and pubs and fast food:
- Restaurant wait staff: 13 percent to 20 percent of the bill
- Takeout: $ 1 to 2
- Tip Jars: depends on you
- 10 to 15% of your fare
- Most restaurants provide complimentary water - with loads of ice.
- Since 1965, every October in Cambridge, MA celebrates The Head of the Charles regatta. This is a Rowing competition on the Charles River and draws a huge crowd.
- When walking around in Boston, to get the weather forecast all you have to do is look at the light on the Old John Hancock building.
- Do buy Boston fridge magnets.
- Suggested to check the availability of selected Boston tours before you go for bookings.
Are you looking for a Boston travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Boston- Know before you go to Boston
Facts and Stats for Boston*
Pollution Statistics in Boston
Know the pollution level of Boston before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 18.64 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 33.49 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 45.28 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 27.36 (Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 14.35 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 22.12 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 10.27 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 20.28 (Low)
Boston: Crime and Safety
How safe is Boston for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Boston.
Burglary and Theft 27.34 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 27.11 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 31.58 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 33.15 (Low)
Car Stealing 22.4 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 37.63 (Low)
Attacks 26.86 (Low)
Drug offense 47.89 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 87.5 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 60.94 (High)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 34.74 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 19.79 (Very Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 38.54 (Low)
Living in Boston - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Boston is 178.44 (Very High)
Safety Index 67.82 (High)
Climate Index 71.73 (High)
Pollution Index 24.95 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 44.54 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 81.79 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 76.23 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 9.51 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 116.79 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Boston
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Boston
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 14 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 36 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 77.54 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 48.09 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Boston Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Boston
Boston Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Boston
Save 7%Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard 586 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
Enjoy Boston's original Martha's Vineyard day trip in the comfortable and convenient transportation of a mini coach. Leave th...
Tall Ship Sail in the Boston Harbor New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Come aboard the "little sister" of our tall ship fleet, the 67-foot Liberty Star and take a trip back in time &nbs...Book Now
Save 7%The Revolutionary Story Tour: An Epic Walking Tour of Boston New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
From the founding of Boston to the declaring of Independence: retake the adventure that invented America. The city is our sta...
Save 7%Boston and Cambridge Top Spots Tour 2 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
Discover the top visitor spots in Boston and Cambridge on thisfully narrated tour! Enjoy 5 hours of guided fun as you discove...
More about Boston
The Most Beautiful Beaches Around Boston For A Rejuvenating ...
- Though Boston is more famous amongst visitors for its rich history, education & tech hub and some wonderful attractions, there is also a comparatively lesser known side of Boston people are quick to dismiss without really giving a thought! There are some spectacular beaches in and around Boston that are heavenly during the summers, and boast of great surfing opportunities, have a splendid landscape and great for working up on your holiday tan. To familiarise you with some of the must-visit ones around, here is a list of some of the best beaches near Boston for an excellent outing:
1. Constitution Beach - East Boston
Best Amusement Parks In And Around Boston
- Adorned with old colonial buildings that take you back in time, the city of Boston in Massachusetts is where history meets transformation. A favorite city to many with a rich American history on offer, Boston carries a subtle charming vibe of a town and is home to a plethora of museums, historical monuments, and educational institutions. But is Boston only about history and no fun? You ask. The answer is NO.
With an equal number of amusement parks, your vacation in the city of Boston will be a right mix of all the flavors. Without further adieu, we hereby present you a list of the amusement parks and recreation centers in and around Boston.
1. Jump On In
12 Amazing Day Trips From Boston
- With many factors adding to an irresistible charm of this "Beantown"; one of the oldest city in the US, a thriving educational hub, a vibrant art and culture scene and enticing food, to name a few, Boston is a rich, historical city to be in. While it is hard to ever get jaded by all its spontaneous characteristics, one cannot miss the fact how well this city is engulfed by some quaint locales, that make for a perfect day trip. Whether you love driving or want to ditch the car for a fun ferry ride or a rail journey, take a cue from these short day trips from Boston that promise relaxation and leisure, revolving around good food and fun activities.
1. Kennebunkport - The summer colony of the wealthy
- Salem Tourism
- Ipswich Tourism
- Providence Tourism
- Coventry Tourism
- Vineyard Haven Tourism
- Hartford Tourism
- New Haven Tourism
- Albany Tourism
- Whitefield Tourism
- Tivoli Tourism
- New Paltz Tourism
- Whallonsburg Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- San Jose Tourism
- Saint Louis Tourism