Visit Boston - Best of Boston
Boston is the capital of the state of Massachusetts in United States of America. Officially one of the most influential cities, there is no reason at all to not visit the city at least once in your lifetime. The history of Boston is full of revolutions and path breaking events and yet the city breathes air of modernization like no other.
Persuaded by Politics, Boston is academically one of the most renowned places all over the World. The academic institutions here make it a matter of pride for anyone who studies here and the city offers a perfect environment to support that learning. On one hand, this place seems like an area of fancy buildings and perfect if you want to make it big. But on the other hand, the locals and neighborhoods offer you all the warmth that is required to make a place accommodating. You can find lots of Boston tours, where the guides will make you feel like local.
Known as Athens of America, architecture has thrived here from centuries ago. Right from the museums to the libraries to the symphony orchestras, Boston has a lot of things to offer to you! Even as a sports fan there is so much for you to be amazed about. The Celtics, the Bruins give you just about another reason to be very passionate about the city.
The best part about Boston in terms of food undoubtedly is the experiments they do with different kinds of sea foods. Food is an important companion of everybody’s vacation; and here there is an absolute lot to try out. Being one of the oldest cities in the whole of United states, it is difficult to just walk around the streets and not be enlightened by some fun fact on the way. The food in Chinatown, the walk along the Freedom Trail, a quiet day at Boston Public Garden, an afternoon at Fenway Park- you will never get enough of Boston! Each one of you should visit Boston at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Boston.
Boston Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Boston tips for your visit
- Time Zone-It follows the Eastern Time Zone. UTC: 05:00
- Currency- US Dollar ($)
- Electric power is standardized in all states across the USA. It is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts.
- Although you will end up finding people speaking various languages here but english is the most widely spoken.
Emergency Contact numbers
- State Police 617-740-7600
- Transit Police 617-222-1212
- Police/Fire/EMS 911
- Servce Requests 311
- Roxbury, Dorchester,Mattapan, Marshalls in the Downtown Crossing area are said to be thriving with gangs. Better to avoid if alone and do not carry a lot of cash.
- After dark walking alone is not safe. Cabs are quite safe so avoid walking back at night.
- In all it is quite a safe city and you do not have much to worry about.
- Take the Black heritage trail.
- Avoid North end and head to south end.
- Try out Oyster at Neptune Oyster.
- Hotel porter toting your bags: $2 to $3 per bag
- Doorman if he hails your cab: $2 to $5
- Room service without gratuity included: 20 percent
- Concierge: $5 to $15, depending on task difficulty
For restaurants and bars and pubs and fast food:
- Restaurant wait staff: 13 percent to 20 percent of the bill
- Takeout: $ 1 to 2
- Tip Jars: depends on you
- 10 to 15% of your fare
- Most restaurants provide complimentary water - with loads of ice.
- Since 1965, every October in Cambridge, MA celebrates The Head of the Charles regatta. This is a Rowing competition on the Charles River and draws a huge crowd.
- When walking around in Boston, to get the weather forecast all you have to do is look at the light on the Old John Hancock building.
- Do buy Boston fridge magnets.
- Suggested to check the availability of selected Boston tours before you go for bookings.
Are you looking for a Boston travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Boston Tourist Information
- Parks And Gardens
- Amusement Parks
- Bowling Spots
- Casinos And Gaming
- Dog Parks
- Convenience Stores
- Burger Shops
- Chinese Restaurants
- Fast Foods
- Italian Restaurants
- Mexican Restaurants
- Pizza Shops
- Thai Restaurants
- Vegan Restaurants
- Food Trucks
- Gas Stations
- Bus Stations
- Rail Stations
Boston Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Boston
Save 7%Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard602 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
Join us on Boston'sORIGINAL Martha's Vineyard day trip! We are Boston's #1 day trip service to the island since 2011.Our prof...
Save 8%Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour708 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
Experience the very best of Boston in one day on this fully narrated sightseeing tour of the area's major sights. First, jour...
Save 7%American History Tour: Cambridge, Lexington and Concord Day Trip from Boston281 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
This fascinating historical day trip from Boston takes you to the famous nearby Massachusetts cities of Cambridge, Lexington ...
Save 7%Guided Bike Tour of Boston115 Reviews
Discover Bostons famous sites and hidden treasures on this 2.5 to 3-hour guided bike tour a perfect way to explore the city!...
Popular Hotels in BostonView all Hotels in Boston
More about Boston
The Most Beautiful Beaches Around Boston For A Rejuvenating Break!
- Though Boston is more famous amongst visitors for its rich history, education & tech hub and some wonderful attractions, there is also a comparatively lesser known side of Boston people are quick to dismiss without really giving a thought! There are some spectacular beaches in and around Boston that are heavenly during the summers, and boast of great surfing opportunities, have a splendid landscape and great for working up on your holiday tan. To familiarise you with some of the must-visit ones around, here is a list of some of the best beaches near Boston for an excellent outing:
1. Constitution Beach - East Boston
Best Amusement Parks In And Around Boston
- Adorned with old colonial buildings that take you back in time, the city of Boston in Massachusetts is where history meets transformation. A favorite city to many with a rich American history on offer, Boston carries a subtle charming vibe of a town and is home to a plethora of museums, historical monuments, and educational institutions. But is Boston only about history and no fun? You ask. The answer is NO.
With an equal number of amusement parks, your vacation in the city of Boston will be a right mix of all the flavors. Without further adieu, we hereby present you a list of the amusement parks and recreation centers in and around Boston.
1. Jump On In
12 Amazing Day Trips From Boston
- With many factors adding to an irresistible charm of this "Beantown"; one of the oldest city in the US, a thriving educational hub, a vibrant art and culture scene and enticing food, to name a few, Boston is a rich, historical city to be in. While it is hard to ever get jaded by all its spontaneous characteristics, one cannot miss the fact how well this city is engulfed by some quaint locales, that make for a perfect day trip. Whether you love driving or want to ditch the car for a fun ferry ride or a rail journey, take a cue from these short day trips from Boston that promise relaxation and leisure, revolving around good food and fun activities.
1. Kennebunkport - The summer colony of the wealthy
Facts and Stats for Boston*
Pollution Statistics in Boston
Know the pollution level of Boston before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 18.55 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 34.09 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 45.45 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 26.79 (Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 14.04 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 22.73 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 9.91 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 20.09 (Low)
Boston: Crime and Safety
How safe is Boston for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Boston.
Burglary and Theft 29.75 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 29.04 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 33.08 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 33.85 (Low)
Car Stealing 23 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 39.14 (Low)
Attacks 28.32 (Low)
Drug offense 50.25 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 87.25 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 59.75 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 35.1 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 19.75 (Very Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 40 (Moderate)
Living in Boston - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Boston is 179.58 (Very High)
Safety Index 66.44 (High)
Climate Index 71.73 (High)
Pollution Index 24.89 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 44.78 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 82.68 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 76.3 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 8.88 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 120.16 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Boston
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Boston
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 13.99 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 35.71 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 80.4 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 50.42 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.