How to Reach Boston
How to reach Boston
HOW TO GET TO BOSTON
- By Air: Logan Airport is the main Airport and is located in East Boston. Massport gives options for getting to the airport and also out of it.
- By Train: Amtrak has scheduled train service to Boston from New York and other points in the Northeast Corridor. The trip from New York City takes three and a half hours on Acela Express trains, and about four hours on other trains. Amtrak has three Boston stops: Route 128 is about 12 miles from downtown and is a good place to get off if you are visiting the western or southern suburbs. The third terminal is South Station, near the Financial District and on the Red Line subway. It is convenient if you are staying at the hotels along the waterfront, seaport, and the theater district. Back Bay Station is in the Back Bay, convenient to hotels in the Back Bay, South End, and the Orange Line subway.
- By Bus: Nationwide operating bus companies including Peter Pan and Greyhound stop downtown at the South Station. Several regional bus companies offer scheduled services from Boston to Connecticut, Cape Cod, Rhode Island, New York City and New Hampshire.
- By Road: There are three main routes into Boston:• I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) from the West• I-95 from the North and South• I-93 from the North and South
HOW TO GET AROUND BOSTON
- By Foot: This is the best way to completely explore the city and absorb everything that it has to offer.
- Driving: Parking is difficult but that is the only issues. The cab drivers are great and know the city really well. Renting a car is not advisable but you can if you wish to. Or the best way to explore the city without any difficulty is to take Boston tours. You will be taken to the places on their own mode of transportation.
- By cycle: It is best to get around the city on cycle as it is a lovely ay to soak in the air of the city.
- Commuter Rail: The subways, the commuter rail and the MBTA system is quite advanced and you can definitely use it to get to your destination in Boston.
Modes of Transportation in Boston
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Boston. The most preferred mode of transport in Boston is Car.
Average distance: 22.9 km Average time: 45.8 min
Car 56.86%Driving 45.48 min Walking 0.59 min Overall average time for 28.71 kms 46.07 min
Walking 9.8%Walking 17.4 min Train 4 min Bike 2 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 3.14 kms 24.4 min
Bike 3.92%Bike 50 min Overall average time for 15.63 kms 50 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.76%Bus 33.83 min Waiting 9.17 min Walking 9 min Overall average time for 12.54 kms 52 min
Train/Metro 5.88%Train 45.33 min Walking 10.33 min Waiting 3.33 min Other 3.33 min Overall average time for 30.11 kms 62.33 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.96%Tram 40 min Walking 10 min Overall average time for 8.05 kms 50 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Wisconsin Dells
- How To Reach Richmond
- How To Reach Santa Barbara
- How To Reach Bangor
- How To Reach Chapel Hill
- How To Reach Ojai
- How To Reach San Antonio
- How To Reach Devils Tower
- How To Reach South Padre Island
- How To Reach Kapalua
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.