Boston Public Garden6390 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 4 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6176354505
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Boston Public Garden is the oldest public botanical garden in the USA. Its a huge public park spotted in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts, neighboring Boston Common. The Public Garden was created in 1837. Together with the Boston Common, these two parks make up the northern end of the Emerald Necklace, a long series of parks planned by Frederick Law Olmsted.
The park contains a lake and wonderful variety seasonal plants here, and it makes strolling around true delight. Easily accessible by locals, it is almost always used, but it never gives the impression of being crowded. Swans, ponds, fountains all add the feel, especially in spring and autumn, when the colors truly come out.
You can still take a swan boats ride that were first invented in 1877 and are still operated by descendants of the inventor, Robert Paget. Don’t forget to snap pictures by the statue of Mrs. Mallard and her Ducklings. It’s a perfect place to unwind.
Boston Public Garden Travel Tips
- Boston public garden phone number - 617-635-4505
- Public garden Boston address - 4 Charles St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
- Swan Boats season 2018 start from April 14 to Labor Day
Entrance Ticket Details For Boston Public Garden
Boston Public Garden cost - Free
Public Garden Swan boat rides ticket price -
- Adults: USD 4
- Children (2-15): USD 2.50
- Senior: USD 3.50
- Under 2 years entry is free.
Boston Public Garden Hours
- Everyday: 7 am – 9 pm
Boston Swan boat timing:
- Spring (April to June 20): 10 am to 4 pm
- Summer (June 21 to Labor Day) 10 am to 5 pm
- Fall (After Labor Day): 12 pm to 4 pm Weekdays, 10 am to 4 pm Weekends
How to Reach Boston Public Garden
- Beacon Street Bus Stand
- Metro: Arlington, Boylston and Park St. Metro
- Taj Boston
- Ritz Carlton
- Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Boston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Boston and book an accommodation of your choice.
75.55% of people who visit Boston include Boston Public Garden in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
39.42% of people start their Boston Public Garden visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Boston Public Garden
85.52% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Boston Public Garden