Situated at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the city of Boulder is set at a height of 5,430 feet above the sea level and one of the region's major tourist spots. Depending on the season you visit, Boulder is thriving with one of the different adventure activities that include hiking, biking, kayaking, and fishing. Blessed with a forward thinking community of people, Boulder has an exciting nightlife scene that is bustling with a young crowd.
Go on a trip to the mountain of Flatirons to be captivated by the incredible setting that is in harmony with nature. Take a leisurely Stroll across the ever beautiful Boulder Creek Path that will mesmerize your senses. To have a totally different experience, explore the Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art, decorated with breathtaking landscapes, sculptures, and art gallery. And for a refreshing cup of steaming herbal tea, take a tour of the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory and pack your bags with their sachets.
For shopping head to the Pearl Street Mall and Twenty Ninth Street that is dotted with a plenty of boutiques, cafes, and souvenir shops. Some of the popular festivals in the city are Colorado Shakespeare festival and Colorado Music Festival. Boulder experiences a dry climate that is characterized by sunny weather throughout the entire year.
Boulder is a university town located at the foothills of Rocky Mountains in the state of Colorado. Boulder has a great atmosphere and some things to do in Boulder include cycling, biking, hiking and walking. Situated on the Boulder Creek, is the Boulder Creek Path famous for its recreational activities like swimming and tubing. Some of the other places to visit in Boulder are Chautauqua Park, South Boulder Creek Trail, Eldorado Canyon State Park, and Celestial Seasons Tea Factory. Trail up the Flagstaff Mountain, a must-do in Boulder, to enjoy a panoramic view of the city of Boulder. Embark upon the Boulder Ale Trail and visit up to 10 breweries. Visit downtown Boulder and visit the Pearl Street Mall where you can enjoy shopping, local restaurants and entertainment for all age groups.
Boulder Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Boulder tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Mountain Standard Time (MST). UTC/GMT -7hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Boulder is US Dollars (USD).
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Boulder is 120 Volts and 60 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type A and B. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: There aren't any free Wi-Fi zones inside the municipality. But all the major hotels in Boulder offer free Wi-Fi.
- Languages: American English is the most widely spoken language in Boulder. Apart from English, Spanish and French are some of the other languages spoken in Boulder.
- Security: General Emergency: 911, Hospital: 303-415-7000.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in Boulder. It is advisable to tip around 15-20% of the bill.
- Customs: Be on time, because the Americans are very serious about punctuality. And be wary of your surroundings. Cleanliness and hygiene are much expected. Be sure to look after your belongings. Especially, when you are walking alone in the nights.