Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens, Bournemouth
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens, Bournemouth - Address
Address: Branksome Wood Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH4 9JX
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens, Bournemouth
Has been Green Flag winners since 1999, these award winning gardens are one of the great places to visit in Bournemouth. It is a place where you can sit and relax to enjoy the pleasant weather of Bournemouth or take a stroll among the beautiful features of the nature. Stretching from the Pier Approach to the borough boundary with Poole at Branksome Wood Road, this beautiful 3 kilometer long garden is further divided into three sections, named upper garden, central garden and lower garden.
- The Lower Gardens: It covers quite a short area of the entire garden space, running from the pier to the town center. Open all the year around, the primary attractions of this section are a bandstand, a mini golf, refreshment kiosks, art exhibition, an aviary and the Bournemouth Balloon ride which takes you around 500 feet above the ground, offering panoramic views of the entire area. Other than this, seasonal events like Summer Kids Free Festival and 100 year old Traditional Candlelight Illuminations also take place.
- The Central Gardens: If you are looking for a quieter place, you can move on in this region. This part of the garden is quite popular among cyclers because of the beautiful cycling trail that runs through the Bourne Valley Greenway to Branksome. The beautiful features of this garden are the pergola standing over the bridge forming a beautiful spot to take a few clicks and the tennis courts. For refreshment, a café is available.
- The Upper Gardens: It was laid out as a private garden for the Durant family in the year 1860. Filled with different kind of trees and plants, the garden offers a natural feel when you wander around the place. Take a tour and you will come across numerous little red bridges crossing over the stream. Follow that path and it will take you to finely decor small rock gardens and Coy Pond. Beyond this zone, the road is slightly bumpy. Hence, you need to be really careful about it.
Thus, this region is one of the great places for a weekend getaway.
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens Information
- Dogs are allowed.
- Guide dogs are permitted.
- Ramp/ level access available.
- Public toilets not available in the central gardens.
- The garden is open all the year around.
How To reach Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens by Public Transport
- Bus no. – 36 and get off at Surrey Road South (W-bound).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Bournemouth
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens, Bournemouth Reviews - Write a Review
Not big but a mixed use gardens that makes up part of the Bournemouth Square Winter Wonderland experience- lights in the trees, alpine themed bar with hot and cold drinks, ice rink and iced bowls! In winter, mini golf and sitting on wet benches isn't really seasonally useful. But, the garden landscaping, the little river offering another bank to walk along or take a seat to watch the world go by and the tiered plant garden are very pretty. Adds interest to the commercial centre. Useful to have public toilets too.
Nice place to hang out. Sometimes live Bands. Crazy Golf. The Hot Air Ballon has gone. Aviary with lots of loud Birds. Table Tennis tables. Art Market at weekends where you can by local artists Paintings. Sometimes a really great Photographer selling his pics,think his name is BCH. Photography, really nice guy and great work. Candlelit night walk. Check out with Bournemouth Tourist Info and a Cafe.
Bournemouth gardens are immaculately maintained and serve as a tranquil and relaxing spot for visitors and residents alike. Coming from the beach which can often be busy and in summer extremely hot, the gardens pose a nice venue to sit down in shaded greenery and still be granted peaceful views. The Bourne river trickles through here, and although only a few meters wide is a pleasant water feature, a popular spot for town center workers on their lunch break. In the winter the gardens are spectacularly lit with focused spot lights casting various coloured seasonal images, and often there will be events here throughout the year.
Lower gardens in bournemouth. Looking very pretty at present lit up at night for christmas. Temporary outdoor ice skating rink .
Beautifully kept gardens for a pleasant afternoon out. Facilities, eateries in a lovely green setting