Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper GardensCurrently Open
- Address: Branksome Wood Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH4 9JX, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens - Review
Has been Green Flag winners since 1999, these award winning gardens are one of the great places to visit in Bournemouth. It is a place where you can sit and relax to enjoy the pleasant weather of Bournemouth or take a stroll among the beautiful features of the nature. Stretching from the Pier Approach to the borough boundary with Poole at Branksome Wood Road, this beautiful 3 kilometer long garden is further divided into three sections, named upper garden, central garden and lower garden.
- The Lower Gardens: It covers quite a short area of the entire garden space, running from the pier to the town center. Open all the year around, the primary attractions of this section are a bandstand, a mini golf, refreshment kiosks, art exhibition, an aviary and the Bournemouth Balloon ride which takes you around 500 feet above the ground, offering panoramic views of the entire area. Other than this, seasonal events like Summer Kids Free Festival and 100 year old Traditional Candlelight Illuminations also take place.
- The Central Gardens: If you are looking for a quieter place, you can move on in this region. This part of the garden is quite popular among cyclers because of the beautiful cycling trail that runs through the Bourne Valley Greenway to Branksome. The beautiful features of this garden are the pergola standing over the bridge forming a beautiful spot to take a few clicks and the tennis courts. For refreshment, a café is available.
- The Upper Gardens: It was laid out as a private garden for the Durant family in the year 1860. Filled with different kind of trees and plants, the garden offers a natural feel when you wander around the place. Take a tour and you will come across numerous little red bridges crossing over the stream. Follow that path and it will take you to finely decor small rock gardens and Coy Pond. Beyond this zone, the road is slightly bumpy. Hence, you need to be really careful about it.
Thus, this region is one of the great places for a weekend getaway.
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens Information
- Dogs are allowed.
- Guide dogs are permitted.
- Ramp/ level access available.
- Public toilets not available in the central gardens.
- The garden is open all the year around.
How To reach Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens by Public Transport
- Bus no. – 36 and get off at Surrey Road South (W-bound).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens
95% of people who visit Bournemouth include Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
34.58% of people start their Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens
85.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens Trips
Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens, Bournemouth Reviews
Always clean and inviting. I love to relax here with the family after a busy day on the beach and hitting the road home. The grass is well kept and the flowers are nice. The water features are also relaxing. Well done Bournemouth Council.
Best walk from Boscombe to the beach. And back again especially if you want a bus. It's true.
Lovely gardens. Enjoy feeding the squirrels there. Theres also an aviary with some pretty birds
I ENJOYED THE CLASSICAL LIVE MUSIC. MANY LOCAL PEOPLE OF THE LOWEST QUALITY. NICE LOCATION NEAR TO THE BEACH. (JB 1841)
Beautiful walk from bournemouth town to the beach, very relaxing walk lots of seats fantastic place to visit