Has been Green Flag winners since 1999, these award winning gardens are one of the great places to visit in Bournemouth. It is a place where you can sit and relax to enjoy the pleasant weather of Bournemouth or take a stroll among the beautiful features of the nature. Stretching from the Pier Approach to the borough boundary with Poole at Branksome Wood Road, this beautiful 3 kilometer long garden is further divided into three sections, named upper garden, central garden and lower garden.
- The Lower Gardens: It covers quite a short area of the entire garden space, running from the pier to the town center. Open all the year around, the primary attractions of this section are a bandstand, a mini golf, refreshment kiosks, art exhibition, an aviary and the Bournemouth Balloon ride which takes you around 500 feet above the ground, offering panoramic views of the entire area. Other than this, seasonal events like Summer Kids Free Festival and 100 year old Traditional Candlelight Illuminations also take place.
- The Central Gardens: If you are looking for a quieter place, you can move on in this region. This part of the garden is quite popular among cyclers because of the beautiful cycling trail that runs through the Bourne Valley Greenway to Branksome. The beautiful features of this garden are the pergola standing over the bridge forming a beautiful spot to take a few clicks and the tennis courts. For refreshment, a café is available.
- The Upper Gardens: It was laid out as a private garden for the Durant family in the year 1860. Filled with different kind of trees and plants, the garden offers a natural feel when you wander around the place. Take a tour and you will come across numerous little red bridges crossing over the stream. Follow that path and it will take you to finely decor small rock gardens and Coy Pond. Beyond this zone, the road is slightly bumpy. Hence, you need to be really careful about it.
Thus, this region is one of the great places for a weekend getaway.
- Dogs are allowed.
- Guide dogs are permitted.
- Ramp/ level access available.
- Public toilets not available in the central gardens.
- The garden is open all the year around.
- Bus no. – 36 and get off at Surrey Road South (W-bound).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bournemouth include Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
34.58% of people start their Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens
85.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bournemouth Lower, Central And Upper Gardens
WELL DONE Bournemouth Council!! It was wonderful spending the build up to Xmas in Bournemouth Gardens!! The trees were beautiful, the stalls were great selling nice food! Everyone having fun on the ice rink !,all a good night out !!!
Lovely park area which offers something all year round. Public toilets. Lots of seating. Crazy golf. Good stalls. Aviary. Bandstand. Beautiful flowers in the summer. Fabulous Christmas lights
Went for the Christmas millions lights, had a great time with the family. Walks ways, rock wall, canal and beautiful gardens. Busy but there are quiet areas to sit and enjoy
Attended here for the Christmas display. Was amazing, real highlight of the family break. Sadly it had poured with rain previous days and alot of the lights on the displays weren't working due to flooding but not holding that against no one. The park is lovely in the day and love the aviary it has at the top of the park. The stream going through it with the waterfalls really makes it stand out. It's clean, plenty of seating, it also has toilet facilities. The park follows down to the beach front where you have Bournemouth aquarium and the pier. I would highly recommend this place on a visit to Bournemouth.
Went to bournemouth gardens for the new christmas display. Was lovely to see the trees all lit up. Has an ice rink during the winter. Nice stroll through the gardens which leads to beach and pier or back through to the main town centre. Lovely in the summer for picnics. Has miniature golf and ice cream kiosks.