Bournemouth Pier301 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pier Approach, Bournemouth BH2 5AA,England, United Kingdom Map
- Phone: +44-1202451781
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Walking Area, Pier, Cafe
This 100meter long pier is said to be the first pier of Bournemouth, built between 1855 and 1856 by Samuel Ingram. At first, the pier was constructed with wood. However, it was damaged because of storms. Later in 1861, the pier was reconstructed with timber wood. Again, due to frequent attacks of the storm and woodboring beetle, the pier got weakend and had to be closed down. By this time, Bournemouth has already started to become a popular destination for many tourists. Soon in 1880, the pier was once again reconstructed with iron. Since then, it has become a popular tourist spot for both the locals as well as the tourists. Walk down to the end of the pier to get the best view of the sea. Standing at that point, you can feel the sea breeze brushing over your face and leaving a pleasant smile on your lips. Wander along the pier and you will come across many hand-made instruments lined along the route. These handcrafted instruments were specially made for the pier visitors. Try to play a tune on one of those instruments. Else hire a rowing boat to take a tour on the sea.
For refreshments, cafes are available nearby.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bournemouth Pier
- There is no charge to go on Bournemouth Pier.
- Adult Fishing - £5.00
- Adult/Junior (Under 16) - one visit £0.60
- Child Fishing - £3.00
- Freestyle - £0.40
- Junior (Under 16) per paying adult - Free
- Season ticket - Enquire at Ticket Office.
- Under five years entry is free.
- The prices may vary according to the season.
Bournemouth Pier Hours
- Recommended time to visit is 09am– 02pm.
- Please enquire before you visit.
How to Reach Bournemouth Pier
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bournemouth Pier Address: Pier Approach, Bournemouth BH2 5AA,England, United Kingdom
- Bournemouth Pier Contact Number: +44-1202451781
- Time required to visit Bournemouth Pier: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
63.1% of people who visit Bournemouth include Bournemouth Pier in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
24.82% of people start their Bournemouth Pier visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bournemouth Pier
80.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bournemouth Pier
People normally club together St Peter's Church and Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum while planning their visit to Bournemouth Pier.