Oceanarium- The Bournemouth AquariumCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
A beautiful aquarium that takes you into a mysterious underwater world through a spectacular journey! This beautiful aquarium houses some awesome marine creatures like sharks, rare green sea turtles, piranhas, brightly colored clownfish, amazing octopus and poisonous lionfish. Discover these amazing underwater creatures and experience the world’s first virtual interactive Dive cage trip without getting wet.
Pay a visit to the other sections of the aquarium like the Global Meltdown where you can experience the effect of sudden climate change. Let your kids enjoy the feeding session where you can feed some unusual marine creatures like Oriental small clawed otters, penguins and some dangerous species like shark as well.
A perfect destination for spending some fun time with kids and families!
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Travel Tips
- The aquarium is accessible for all individuals (including disabled people).
- In rainy season, the visitors are advised to leave pushchairs at home because the aquarium remains crowded.
- Separate parking spaces are available for disabled people.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium
- Adult (16-59 years) – £11.95
- Child (3 -15years) –£7.95
- Family of 3 (2 adults + 1 child) – £24.95
- Family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children) – £29.95
- Familyof 5 (2 adults +3 children)-£34.95
- Family of 6 (2 adults +4 children) – £39.95
- Student (16years + with valid ID) – £9.95
- Senior ( 60 and above) – £9.95
- Disabled (proof may be required)-£9.95
- Carer (with disabled visitor) – £9.95
- All pre-booked groups of 10 or more people receive special discounted rates.
- Buying tickets online can give discounts on the ticket price.
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Hours
- Last admission: 5pm
- Closing times vary throughout the year, Please see calendar in the official website prior to visiting.
- Otter Talk & feed: 10:30am
- Penguins talk & feed: 11:30am
- Shark talk: 12:30pm
How to Reach Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium
- By Yellow bus – 2b, 035, CS, 12,18, 33, A1 and get off at Bournemouth Pier on Bath Road.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bournemouth include Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
63.64% of people start their Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium
83.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Reviews & Ratings
Great experience today with my grandson. Useful entrance fee offer which we used. Enjoyed the exhibits, especially the tunnel. Otters and penguins were amazing to watch as we were in time for feeding. Well worth the visit but leave your buggies behind add there is not much room to manoeuvre.
Lots of fish of various types. Penguin feeding was fun to watch. The big turtle was impressive. We enjoyed half price entry for locals so hopefully they do that deal again sometime. A pleasant couple of hours.
Great little aquarium, loved the otters and the giant turtle, really cool seeing her swimming around! Their promotion for 50% off for local residents in March was a great way of getting us through the door and we will definitely be back.
The windows are a bit dirty in some places. The price it's not so expensive for the experience. In a little space the worth every corner. I enjoyed with this visit.
Once again after visit after 8 years. Kids and I love it. The tour can be around an hour for a quick one. Really enjoy it.