Oceanarium- The Bournemouth AquariumCurrently Closed
- Address: Pier Approach | West Beach, BournemouthBH2 5AA, England, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1202311993
- Ticket Price: 12 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Aquarium, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium - Review
A beautiful aquarium that takes you into a mysterious underwater world through a spectacular journey! This beautiful aquarium houses some awesome marine creatures like sharks, rare green sea turtles, piranhas, brightly colored clownfish, amazing octopus and poisonous lionfish. Discover these amazing underwater creatures and experience the world’s first virtual interactive Dive cage trip without getting wet.
Pay a visit to the other sections of the aquarium like the Global Meltdown where you can experience the effect of sudden climate change. Let your kids enjoy the feeding session where you can feed some unusual marine creatures like Oriental small clawed otters, penguins and some dangerous species like shark as well.
A perfect destination for spending some fun time with kids and families!
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Information
- The aquarium is accessible for all individuals (including disabled people).
- In rainy season, the visitors are advised to leave pushchairs at home because the aquarium remains crowded.
- Separate parking spaces are available for disabled people.
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Ticket Prices
- Adult (16-59 years) – £11.95
- Child (3 -15years) –£7.95
- Family of 3 (2 adults + 1 child) – £24.95
- Family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children) – £29.95
- Familyof 5 (2 adults +3 children)-£34.95
- Family of 6 (2 adults +4 children) – £39.95
- Student (16years + with valid ID) – £9.95
- Senior ( 60 and above) – £9.95
- Disabled (proof may be required)-£9.95
- Carer (with disabled visitor) – £9.95
- All pre-booked groups of 10 or more people receive special discounted rates.
- Buying tickets online can give discounts on the ticket price.
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Hours
- Last admission: 5pm
- Closing times vary throughout the year, Please see calendar in the official website prior to visiting.
- Otter Talk & feed: 10:30am
- Penguins talk & feed: 11:30am
- Shark talk: 12:30pm
How To reach Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium by Public Transport
- By Yellow bus – 2b, 035, CS, 12,18, 33, A1 and get off at Bournemouth Pier on Bath Road.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium
95% of people who visit Bournemouth include Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
63.64% of people start their Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium
83.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium, Bournemouth Reviews
Went here with my 11 month old. Have to use a carrier, as there is no room for strollers, and it is totally worth it. She had the best time looking at the fish and other sea life swim around the tanks. I think kids of all ages will love this wonderful place. Highly recommend that everyone that visits this part of England goes here.
Nice place to see all that sweet creatures of the sea. Also, to have a nice time with friends and family. To finished we been to the little cafe. We had a good experience around. All the stuff is nice and helpful. You need to go and see how the feed the animals.
Good experience! We fortunately turned up on a buy one get one free day! Great price well worth it. Facilities a little dated, the centre could do with a little better maintenance and update and love but the fish look well cared for and lots of information about the environment and saving our oceans.
Great place to visit for a few hours. It's small but my son loved it! Partnered with a trip to the beach was a lovely day out. Recommend eating at the cafe downstairs. Food is nice & reasonably priced if you get a meal deal!
Fun place for the entire family and I liked that they had a small play area for the kids. They had a great variety of fish but sometimes I found the tanks to be a bit small for the amount of fish held in them. They had a dark room where they found it appropriate to play "scary" music so my son got terrified and didn't want to look at anything in there but just leave. Don't quite understand the purpose of that music. But overall well worth a visit.