Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium, Bournemouth
About Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium, Bournemouth
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium, Bournemouth - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Pier Approach | West Beach, BournemouthBH2 5AA, England
Ticket Price: 12 GBP
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Aquarium, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A beautiful aquarium that takes you into a mysterious underwater world through a spectacular journey! This beautiful aquarium houses some awesome marine creatures like sharks, rare green sea turtles, piranhas, brightly colored clownfish, amazing octopus and poisonous lionfish. Discover these amazing underwater creatures and experience the world’s first virtual interactive Dive cage trip without getting wet.
Pay a visit to the other sections of the aquarium like the Global Meltdown where you can experience the effect of sudden climate change. Let your kids enjoy the feeding session where you can feed some unusual marine creatures like Oriental small clawed otters, penguins and some dangerous species like shark as well.
A perfect destination for spending some fun time with kids and families!
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Information
- The aquarium is accessible for all individuals (including disabled people).
- In rainy season, the visitors are advised to leave pushchairs at home because the aquarium remains crowded.
- Separate parking spaces are available for disabled people.
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Ticket Prices
- Adult (16-59 years) – £11.95
- Child (3 -15years) –£7.95
- Family of 3 (2 adults + 1 child) – £24.95
- Family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children) – £29.95
- Familyof 5 (2 adults +3 children)-£34.95
- Family of 6 (2 adults +4 children) – £39.95
- Student (16years + with valid ID) – £9.95
- Senior ( 60 and above) – £9.95
- Disabled (proof may be required)-£9.95
- Carer (with disabled visitor) – £9.95
- All pre-booked groups of 10 or more people receive special discounted rates.
- Buying tickets online can give discounts on the ticket price.
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission: 5pm
- Closing times vary throughout the year, Please see calendar in the official website prior to visiting.
- Otter Talk & feed: 10:30am
- Penguins talk & feed: 11:30am
- Shark talk: 12:30pm
How To reach Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium by Public Transport
- By Yellow bus – 2b, 035, CS, 12,18, 33, A1 and get off at Bournemouth Pier on Bath Road.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Oceanarium- The Bournemouth Aquarium, Bournemouth Reviews - Write a Review
Great value for the price and the perfect size to keep a toddler interested. Great location by the beach with easy parking at the BIC. They have a cafe and souvenir shop and a souvenir penny machine at the end. Discounts are available if you buy tickets online in advance and you can even buy you meal from the cafe at the same time. You'll get a stamp on your hand so you can come in and out all day. You'll be given a list of feeding times on entry. There is also a little booklet you can pick up at the bottom on the entrance stairs with questions for kinds to answer. If you decide you want a season ticket they are very reasonably priced and you can upgrade your day ticket to a season ticket. There are 3 types of season ticket depending on what days you want to be able to go.
A great day out right in the middle of a bustling tourist town. Lots of wonderful tanks packed with information about the fish, a reptile section, beautiful and playful otters, even a bird enclosure you can walk through. If you're local an annual ticket is well worth it, though it's by calendar year so best to buy early on. Cafe quite expensive, not very tidy and rather small. The snack bar is far better, with friendlier staff and a small children's play area.
Wonderful ! A wide range of animals that are well cared for. The displays are bright, interesting and the talks are informative. There is a shop and restaurant in the building. All areas are accessible to all via lifts where necessary. Well worth a visit and tickets allow all day access.
Me and my boyfriend visited very recently whilst on holiday and enjoyed ourselves. The staff are friendly, and there's plenty of feeding times for many of the different animals such as Otters, Penguins, e.t.c throughout the day. Additionally, they stamp your hand which means you can come and go all day, which for a price of £10.50 or something close to that you can't argue. However, I would say that this place is definitely more for kids than adults, but in a way that's a given :) All in all I would recommend coming here for something to do for an hour or two.
Been to many aquariums and I can say far and away this one was the best so far and that is mainly because of the happy, healthy animals and fish! Good sized exhibits with lovely specimens, we went round twice and were mesmerised by the turtles and sturgeons. The penguins and terns were cheeky and entertaining. Amazingly large axolotls and beautiful catfish, just to mention a few of my favourites. Cheaper than your average aquarium and well worth it.
- Nearby Attractions
- Liza Inn
- Solent Beach Car Park
- Wollstonecraft Road
- Tuckton Bridge (ne-bound)
- The Moon In The Square
- Sherborne Castle And Gardens
- Durdle Door
- Royal Bath Hotel
- Charminster Spiritualist Church
- Bournemouth Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bournemouth
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bournemouth
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bournemouth
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bournemouth
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bournemouth
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bournemouth