Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum, Bournemouth
About Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum, Bournemouth
Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum, Bournemouth - Address, Phone Number
Address: East Cliff Promenade | East Cliff,Bournemouth BH1 3AA, England
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Art Gallery, Tour, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Visit the East Cliff Hall, the private residence of extensive travelers Sir Merton Russell-Cotes and his wife, Lady Annie. It is said to be one of the last Victorian Houses to be built in England. Its architectural design was done by John Frederick Fogerty. The house was designed as a private home where Merton and Annie could live in their own style and house their exclusive collections collected during their various journeys. Merton wanted to showcase their collection not only for their own pleasure, but also for the people of Bournemouth to whom the house was later on donated.
Visit this fascinating museum-house that holds an outstanding collection of British sculptures and art and incredible souvenirs collected during their journey across the globe. You also get to see some of the famous artworks done by great artists belonging to the Victorian and Edwardian period, like Landseer, Frithi, Edwin Long, Albert Moore, Herkomer and many famous works by the Triumphans. Today, the house hosts events like special exhibition programs, talk shows and guided tours. The venue is also available for holding special events like a wedding.
Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum Information
- Russell-Cotes may be closed for functions on occasion. Please call the information center before starting your journey.
- It is closed on Good Friday.
Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult & Senior Citizen £6 (standard admission £5.45).
- Adult annual pass £16 (standard admission £14.54).
- Child (5-15 yrs) £4 (standard admission £3.63).
- Child annual pass £8 (standard admission £7.26).
- Family (up to 2 adults & 2 children) £17 (standard admission £15.45).
- Family annual pass £32 (standard admission £29.10).
- Entry is free for children under five years.
- Student (FE & HE) £4.
- Pre-booked group (minimum 9 people), per person £5 (standard admission £4.54).
- Concession for means-tested benefits £4 (standard admission £3.63).
- Concessions annual pass £8* (standard admission £7.26).
- Accompanying carer of disabled visitor 100% discount.
How To reach Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum by Public Transport
- By Yellow bus no.s- 1a, 2, 3, 4a, 4b, 4c, 4d, 5a, 5b, and 6 and get off at Royal Bath Hotel on Bath Road.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Russell-cotes Art Gallery And Museum, Bournemouth Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Solent Beach Car Park
- Wollstonecraft Road
- Tuckton Bridge (ne-bound)
- The Moon In The Square
- Sherborne Castle And Gardens
- Durdle Door
- Royal Bath Hotel
- Charminster Spiritualist Church
- Catholic Church Of The Annunciation
- Bournemouth Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bournemouth
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bournemouth
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bournemouth
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bournemouth
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bournemouth
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bournemouth