St Peter's Church
- Address: Hinton Road, Bournemouth BH1 2EE,England, United Kingdom
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Built between 1844 and 1879 and designed by the architect G.E Street, this church is said to be the oldest Church of England parish. Located right in the heart of the city, the church is listed under Grade I building. Step inside the church to see the interior which has a fine blend of brilliant Gothic Revival architectural work and artwork of some of the famous artists like NinianComper, Arthur Blomfield, George Frederick Bodley and Edward Burne-Jones. Take a look at the stained glass, frescoes and the chancel, which are considered as one of the richest Gothic Revival interiors of England.
If you find difficulty in searching this church, just stand right at the center of the city and look up. You can locate the 202 feet high spire of the church from a distance. At present, this spire has actually turned into an important landmark of the city. Pay a visit to this beautiful religious site which is always ready to welcome its visitors with open arms.
- Maintain tranquility within the church.
- Be decently dressed.
- Seek permission before taking photograph.
- Ask the church authorities whether donations are accepted or not.
- Recommended time to visit is 09 am– 12 pm.
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Holy Communion Prayer Book (Said): 08.00am.
- Sung Eucharist: 10.00am. Except first Sunday in the month, when there will be an ‘All Age’ service.
- Choral Evensong: 04.00pm (Evening prayer during holidays).
- Holy Communion: 12.15pm (on Monday).
- Holy Communion: 12.15pm (on Thursday).
- Bus no.s – 1a, 1b,1c, 2, 2b, 3, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6, 16, 18, 24, 50 and get off at St Peter’s church (Stand AA).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bournemouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bournemouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bournemouth include St Peter's Church in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
33.33% of people start their St Peter's Church visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St Peter's Church
93.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Peter's Church