Are you looking for what to do in Bournemouth?
PLACES TO SEE
From the sandy beaches to its architectural structures, the city is not devoid of interesting places to see.
- Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum: The museum and art gallery is located on the Eastcliff and houses the most magnificent collections of 19thCentury art and Japanese artifacts. The interior of the museum is a site in itself as it is lavishly decorated showing Victorian interests in fascinating collection.
- St Peter’s Church: This is one of the most acclaimed buildings in the city worth visiting. The famous author-Mary Shelly who wrote ‘Frankenstein” is buried in the churchyard together with her romantic poet husband-Percy Bysshe Shelly.
- Bournemouth International Centre (BIC): The BIC hosts conferences and is the town’s largest music venue. It has also become the venue for a round Premier League Darts and is worth visiting when travelers are in town.
- Bournemouth Hebrew Congregation: It was built in 1905 in what looks like the then contemporary Art Nouveau on the Moorish Revival style which used to be popular for synagogues. This is another spectacular building and worship centre in town.
- The sandy beaches: The city is famous for its 7-mile sandy beaches and clean seas. The Pier is almost in the centre of the beach and offers a smll fair, boat trips, shops and an arcade.
THINGS TO DO
- Moon on the Square: This is an old departmental store with outside seating offering great views of the gardens from its two floors. Guests are treated to a good selection of ales. This is a great place for visitors to be.
- Castlepoint Shopping Centre: The shopping centre is great for all visitors’ out of town shopping needs and experience. The mall is massive and is easily accessible with public transport. Sadly there is little else to do there besides shopping.
- Goat and Tricycle : This is the town’s original and real ale pub. It is perfectly located just off the Triangle and serves up to ten varieties of ale. It is also renowned for its good food and big crowds.
Below we have a list of things to do in Bournemouth and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bournemouth getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bournemouth with confidence.