Silver Dollar City
Tours for Silver Dollar City
About Silver Dollar City, Branson
To list the fascinating history of this theme park, and to list all the amusements it offers would take a Wikipedia article, so go read that. In summary though, the park got its fame from its oldest attraction, the Marvel Cave. In the 1950s, Mary Herchel built up a historically accurate 1880s village around the cave. Today, it’s a theme park. Highlights include:
- Marvel Caves: A limestone wonder that’s constantly changing, and with the largest cave entrance in the country.
- Nine Themed Districts: Park Entrance, Main Street, Homestead Ridge, Midtown, Valley Road, The Grand Exposition Riverfront, Wilson’s Farm.
- Hugo’s Hill Street
- Demonstrations of 19th century industries: Brown's Candy Factory, Carrie's Candles, Duplicating Lathe, Hazel's Blown & Cut Glass, Heartland Home Furnishings, Hillcreek Pottery, Mountain Leather.
- Mountain Outfitter's Knives, Sullivan's Mill, Valley Road Woodcarvers, Wilderness Road Blacksmith.
- Rides: American Plunge, Fire in the Hole, Frisco Silver Dollar Line Steam Train, The Giant Barn Swing, The Grand Exposition Coaster, Marvel Cave, Outlaw Run, and the Wildfire are just a handful of the endless rides, establishments and even petting zoos in the area.
- White Water: A wave pool, tubular slides, ProSlide mammoth family raft ride, a slide deck and 4 "Racing Lanes". – this is wet speed for the whole family. Pricing is separate from the rest of the park.
Festivals, shows, theatres further add to the parks grandeur. Seriously, if you want to plan your day at the park, go visit the website. It’s gonna take you all day.
Silver Dollar City Information
- There is a lost and found section.
- Outside food and drink (except alcohol) allowed.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Make sure you’ve checked the height and weight restrictions for each attraction.
- Park may be closed in case of bad weather.
- Free parking available.
- Baby changing stations.
- Locker facilities
- Strollers can be rented.
- Free wheelchars and electric carts on first come first serve basis.
- Please check out the FAQ section of the attraction website for more limitation.
- To get to the park: From North of Branson - Take US-65 S to MO-F/MO-465/Ozark Mountain Highroad exit. Turn right onto MO-465 S/Ozark Mountain Highroad for 7.8 mi. Turn left onto MO-76 E for 1.1 mi. Turn left onto Indian Point Rd into Silver Dollar City.
- From South of Branson – Take US-65 N to MO-76/76 Country Blvd/Main St. Turn left onto MO-76/76 Country Blvd/Main St. Follow MO-76 West out of Branson 4 mi. Turn left onto Indian Point Rd into Silver Dollar City.
- From West of Branson – Turn Right onto MO-76 if coming North on Hwy 13. Turn Left onto MO-76 if coming South from Hwy 160/Hwy 13. Follow MO-76 East for 3.1 mi. Turn right onto Indian Point Rd into Silver Dollar City.
Silver Dollar City Tickets Prices
- USD 52 for children.
- USD 62 for seniors.
- White Water tickets are USD 44, 22, and 33 for Adult, Child and Senior respectively.
Silver Dollar City Opening and Closing Hours
- Park opening hours fluctuate wildly from month to month, and day to day. It can close as early as 1pm or stay open as late 12am.
Restaurants Near Silver Dollar City
- Plenty of restaurants and stands at the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Branson before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Branson and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 399 Silver Dollar City Parkway, Branson, MO 65616, United States
Ticket Price: 64 USD
Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Amusement Park, Theme Park, Observatory, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Silver Dollar City Tickets And Tours
Experience a two hour journey through 7 decades of music with the Magnificent 7 Show, one of the most energizing experiences you will witness. 7 first-class entertainers and 200 costume changes coordinate with 75 production numbers from the 1950's to today. Non-stop musical action, dancing, comedy and so much more! Â
Lose yourself for two hours in this amazing Beach Boys production. This talented cast takes audiences on a musical journey though the 60's and 70s to the West Coast beaches.Â Beautiful harmonies, unique songwriting and skillfully choreographed dance moves are combined to make this an experience you won't want to miss.
Join us for a two hour journey back in time to enjoy this tribute to the Swedish pop super-group ABBA.Â Dancing Queen, Waterloo, Take a Chance on Me, Fernando, and Mamma Mia are just the beginning of this high-energy production.Â A 4 part harmony, electrifying vocals and a bit of humor make this an unforgettable entertainment experience,
The Duttons are high energy entertainers loaded with musical talent. With thirty-one years of experience, and just about as many kids between them, they rock the stage with a variety of genres. From Bluegrass to Contemporary Rock to Country, they do it all. And donât forget the comedy! The Duttons were finalists on NBCâs hit tv show, Americaâs Got Talent in 2007. Before and since then theyâve toured the world, and set up shop in Branson, Missouri where they entertain sold out audiences nightly at their theater located just off the city strip.
Share your experience - Rate Silver Dollar City, Branson
This was my first time here and I had a GREAT time. Every single employee from the moment you come in the door is SO friendly. Although there are not as many rides as some theme parks-the overall atmosphere is a million times better! The food was amazing and they had so many unique country options. The marvel cave tour was great as well that comes with your ticket. Although they say the cave tour is strenuous it is not bad at all for anyone in average shape and worth the trip. Not just any theme park is built on top of a cave! I had a great day even without the huge amount of thrill rides which me and my husband usually seek. They are expanding though I know!
We have been coming every year since I was a child. (30+ years) It's wonderful every visit!! Never gets old. Great wholesome family vacation. Wonderful music, rides, shopping & entertainment. The Fall decorations are the best. Make sure the weather is in the 80's for the best experience. Heat & hills can kill a person.
Fall is the time to go! Busy season is finally over and you don't have to wait in super long rides to ride anything. My family and I always enjoy coming to the park. It will be a very big family event for years to come. Season pass holders get a modest discount, the food is amazing, and yet not priced much higher than if you were to go out and grab something. They are always adding attractions and can't wait until the new coaster is open.
The best "themed" theme park in the US in my opinion. Our family buys season passes ever year and I've been going for 14 years. There is always something new and exciting to discover. I love the uniqueness of this park such as the Homemade Ice Cream (at the Square), the Glass Makers area, and the free Cave Tours. They are adding new rides almost every year. It's best to go during the middle of the week if you don't like weekend crowds. The food is above average for a theme park. Our favorite themes are the Christmas festival and the Harvest/Artisan Festival. Always ride the Steam Train each visit. If you love roller coasters then you will not be disappointed.
Super fun place for people of all ages! My cousins and I loved it as teenagers and our parents had just as much fun. There are numerous rides and attractions, such as a quirky fun house and shows. There is even a cave in the park. Definitely a place to come back to again and again.
- Nearby Attractions
- Branson's Promised Land Zoo
- Adventure Ziplines Of Branson
- World's Largest Toy Museum
- Veterans Memorial Museum - Branson
- Talking Rocks Cavern
- Moonshine Beach
- Dinosaur Canyon Mini Golf
- Three Sisters Old Time Photo And Wedding Chapel
- Grand Village Shops
- Ralph Foster Museum
- Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- 5 Star Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- Budget Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- Cheap Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- Luxury Hotels Near Silver Dollar City
- Branson Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Branson
- 2 Days in Branson
- 3 Days in Branson
- 4 Days in Branson
- 5 Days in Branson
- 6 Days in Branson
- 7 Days in Branson