Congresso NacionalCurrently Closed
- Address: Palácio do Congresso Nacional - Praça dos 3 Poderes, Brasília - DF, 70160-900, Brazil, Brasilia
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +55-6131260000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture
Designed by Oscar Niemeyer in the modern Brazilian style, this architecturally intriguing office campus is a must visit for architecture and photography buffs. Having three prominent structures, the semi-sphere on the left is the seat of the Senate, the semi-sphere on the right is the seat of the Chamber of the Deputies and the two vertical towers between these two hold office spaces. The place offers guided tours of the campus.
- Booking a guided tour in advance is compulsory. Booking is undertaken from Monday to Friday.
- Due to parliamentary work schedule or maintenance work, the tours may be temporarily suspended.
Dress code for tours:
- On business days, people are not allowed to enter wearing bermuda shorts, shorts, tank tops, miniskirts and flip-flops. These restrictions do not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Full pants, long or short sleeve shirts, dresses or knee length skirts are recommended.
- In some circumstances, such as in solemn sessions, or places like the Tribune of Honor of the Senate Plenary, or the Green Hall of the Chamber of Deputies, men are required to wear a suit and tie.
- Guided tours are conducted 9 a.m. onwards.
- Via N Um Leste bus stop
- Via S Um Leste bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brasilia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brasilia and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Brasilia include Congresso Nacional in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
53.74% of people start their Congresso Nacional visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Congresso Nacional
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Congresso Nacional
Really great. And with danish design furniture! Although I may have missed 95% of the guide instructions, it was still one of the great(est?) cultural/political experiences. This is the quintessential point of the fantastic achievement of building a capitol in five years. Also, it's a prefect scene for a contemplative 2 hours, walking these halls of power so sadly misused in these years with corruption, nepotism and selfishness.
Recently visited the house of the Representatives in Brasilia. It looks quite stylish, big open areas, nice location in the city center around the ministry buildings and near the presidential palace. Here you could see the deputy chamber and the Congress chamber. People are friendly and nice.
Male visitors aren’t allowed to enter the building in shorts during week days, but women can wear shorts and dresses. Pretty annoying as a short layover in Brasilia in summer isn’t a time when I want to wear trousers.
Striking building which dominates the skyline. The tour was interesting, especially a room of artefacts from the old legislature, which must have been ornate.
pls com 2 brasil