Congresso Nacional, Brasilia
About Congresso Nacional, Brasilia
Congresso Nacional, Brasilia - Address, Phone Number
Address: Palácio do Congresso Nacional - Praça dos 3 Poderes, Brasília - DF, 70160-900, Brazil
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Designed by Oscar Niemeyer in the modern Brazilian style, this architecturally intriguing office campus is a must visit for architecture and photography buffs. Having three prominent structures, the semi-sphere on the left is the seat of the Senate, the semi-sphere on the right is the seat of the Chamber of the Deputies and the two vertical towers between these two hold office spaces. The place offers guided tours of the campus.
Congresso Nacional Information
- Booking a guided tour in advance is compulsory. Booking is undertaken from Monday to Friday.
- Due to parliamentary work schedule or maintenance work, the tours may be temporarily suspended.
Dress code for tours:
- On business days, people are not allowed to enter wearing bermuda shorts, shorts, tank tops, miniskirts and flip-flops. These restrictions do not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Full pants, long or short sleeve shirts, dresses or knee length skirts are recommended.
- In some circumstances, such as in solemn sessions, or places like the Tribune of Honor of the Senate Plenary, or the Green Hall of the Chamber of Deputies, men are required to wear a suit and tie.
Congresso Nacional Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided tours are conducted 9 a.m. onwards.
How To reach Congresso Nacional by Public Transport
- Via N Um Leste bus stop
- Via S Um Leste bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brasilia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brasilia and book an accommodation of your choice.
Congresso Nacional, Brasilia Reviews - Write a Review
Really great. And with danish design furniture! Although I may have missed 95% of the guide instructions, it was still one of the great(est?) cultural/political experiences. This is the quintessential point of the fantastic achievement of building a capitol in five years. Also, it's a prefect scene for a contemplative 2 hours, walking these halls of power so sadly misused in these years with corruption, nepotism and selfishness.
Striking building which dominates the skyline. The tour was interesting, especially a room of artefacts from the old legislature, which must have been ornate.
Some good some bad. Have a lot of bandit and corrupt people working in the field of Brazilian government and then stolen much more than a justice can put all in the jail.
How come the embodiment of our social power is so segregated from society at all? Everything is so far apart, in an itself far apart region. This should be the congress house, surrounded by people to allow discussion and strengthen our ties. Yet it is in a totally separated from the rest of the country. It should be the Capital, yet it is a boring place.
Prostíbulo político ou Brazilian Political Red Light District.
- Nearby Attractions
- Palacio Do Buriti
- Cine Brasilia
- Clube De Golfe De Brasilia
- Museu De Arte Moderna
- Museu Nacional De Gemas
- Elefante Centro Cultural
- Cultural Caixa Brasilia
- Torre Digital - Brasilia
- Brasilia Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brasilia
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brasilia
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brasilia
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brasilia
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brasilia
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brasilia