County History MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Str. Nicolae Bălcescu no. 67, Braşov, Braşov county, Romania, Brasov
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-0268472350
- Ticket Price: 7 RON
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Must See, Museum, Family And Kids, Point Of Interest
The Brasov Historical Centre was founded in 1951 and consists of what was the former House of Council. The Council houses date back to the 15th century and is itself an heritage site. The museum was formed by taking archaeological and historical artefacts from the Barsa Land Saxon Museum and selected pieces from the collections of the Museum of the ASTRA Association, Today, its has formed one of the best places to see the journey of Brasov in a nutshell with detailed exhibits about the city’s commerce, economic growth and cultural and military history.
The collection here includes a permanent section that consist of old weapons, ceramics that date back to the medieval period, tools that belong to the Iron Age, vintage furnishings, documents, historic facts of Pharmacy, décor pieces, rare guild products that showcase fine craftsmanship and a library that has 15,000 volumes of books!
Highlights of the place include:
- Archaeological findings from research work done at the Roman Castles in Rasnov and Olt valley
- Exhibition of “Stalin City”, “Little Saxony” that gives you a peak into the Saxon civilisation
- "The Last Eastern Border of the Roman Empire" exhibition with are artefacts of antiquity
- Medieval Military history exhibits
- “1848” exhibit that covers the time of the city from the modern ear up until World War I
- Exhibits that explain the commercial and administrative history of the city
The place also has temporary exhibitions hosted all year long.
Admission fee for House of Counsel:
- Adults: Romanian leu 5.00
- Pre-schoolers, pupils, students: Romanian leu 1.00
- Pensioners: Romanian leu 3.00
- People with disabilities: Free admission
- By Bus: Livada Postei
- By Train: Brasov Train Station (4.1 kilometers away)
- By Taxis,By renting a Bicycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brasov before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brasov and book an accommodation of your choice.