- Address: Brașov, Romania, Brasov Map
- Tags: Geological Formation, Family And Kids
The Sfinxul, like the name suggests, is a stone structure looking almost like the Sphinx of Giza at an altitude of 22000 meters. Located on the hilltop of the Bucegi Mountains, the Sfinxul is eight meters tall and twelve meters wide. Formed due to the erosion of the winds, this anthropomorphic megalithic structure is often called the “natural wonder of Romania”. The structure is made of layers of stone blocks and rocks of variegated hardness and is subject to abrasion. Various folklores have been going on regarding the stature and thereby many tourists come to visit this natural phenomenon to marvel at its magnanimousness and also click quirky pictures with it as a backdrop.
How to Reach Sfinxul
- Buses 3, 7, 31, 32 to stop -Spitalul Judetean
- Sfinxul Address: Brașov, Romania, Brasov
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!