Bratislava CastleCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 811 06 Bratislava, Slovakia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +421-254411444
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Bratislava Castle - Review
The Bratislava Castle dates back to 907 AD and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. The place was built overlooking the Danube river and you can see Austria (also Hungary on a clear day) from the Castle itself.
Originally built as a part of fortification for the city’s defense, today the building serves as a collection of the Slovak National Museum, exhibition of the region’s treasures and as a Museum of history.
Bratislava Castle Ticket Prices
- Adults: Euros 6
- Reduced admission fee: Euros 3
- For more prices visit the official website.
How To reach Bratislava Castle by Public Transport
- Bus: At Zamocka and at Bratislava Novy Most
- Light Rail: Novy most
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bratislava before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bratislava and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bratislava Castle
95% of people who visit Bratislava include Bratislava Castle in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
53.71% of people start their Bratislava Castle visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bratislava Castle
75.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bratislava Castle
Bratislava Castle Sightseeing Tours
Bratislava Castle Culture & Theme Based Tours
Bratislava Castle Tickets & Passes
Bratislava Castle Map
Bratislava Castle Trips
Bratislava Castle , Bratislava Reviews
The Castle site is amazing, you can see the whole town and area, is is just fabulous. the castle itself was renovated in the middle of the century so it's not really ancient. The exhibitions inside are divided: some are excellent and some are bizarre (to say the least). More than half of the place is close to visitors, maybe in some other times there are more exhibitions available. Overall worth a visit. On the narrow streets climbing up the to the castle there are some beautiful shops and cafes
Beautiful views of Bratislava. Easy access to the castle and multiple points that lead to the surrounding old town. There is a lot to see, so would recommend a tour for an overview of the grounds. As of this post some construction on the switchbacks that exit the castle, went early to avoid large groups. Between the castle itself, gardens, ruins, and surrounding walls, take plenty of time to enjoy before heading to the square for coffee or wine.
This place is near the to the Old Town of Bratislava and worth a visit, sitting in the shadow of the castle in the park. It has a beautiful sight to the Danube and the other side of the city. You can see it from almost anywhere in Bratislava, you can't miss it. A huge white building. :) (Don't eat inside the castle, the service was horrible - I asked if they have lactose-free milk for the coffee, a waiter told me yes, we waited 15 minutes than while we ordered an another waiter told us they don't have lactose-free milk...)
This Castle has it's own beauty. You should not expect to see treasures similar to what you can find in Prague or Vienna. What you will find instead is a nice story of Czechs and Slovaks during the time and how they got two independent states. They have some nice old retro (of the 19's) objects exposed in the museum. I would say that it's worth seeing something different than treasures: gold and silver statues.
Took a walking tour. We walked around the castle but did not enter. Impressive. If we had the time it would have been worth entering. There are some exhibition areas I would have liked to see.
All QuestionsBratislava castle
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Maksymiliana Kolbego
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Maryi Panny
- Starostwo Powiatowe W Wyszkowie
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Idziego
- Videoart Usługi Filmowe Krawczyk Agnieszka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Pw. Świętej Rodziny W Wyszkowie
- Hutnik. Wyszkowski Ośrodek Kultury
- "K & S" Wideo Studio Sławomir Kazimierczyk
- "Salem Studio" Mariusz Piotr Łubiński
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Wojciecha Biskupa Męczennika
- Parafia Rzymsko - Katolicka Pw. Podwyższenia Krzyża Świętego
- "IMC" S.C. Zdzislaw Banaszek Mariusz Banaszek
- Radosław Burakowski
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Pw. Matki Bożej Królowej Polski W Wyszkowie-Rybienku Leśnym