Bratislava City GalleryCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
The City Gallery of Bratislava consists of 2 historic buildings- Mirbachov palac and the Palffyho palac. Initiated by the donation from sculptor Viktor Tilgner in 1883, City Gallery’s first foundation were laid by his exclusive art works which gave way to the establishment of the current museum in 1961.
Today, the museum showcase Bratislava’s rich cultural, heritage and art works which are second to none- having around 33,000 art pieces including old paintings, sculptures, fine art from the 20th and 21st century and also some rare pieces which date back to the 18th century.
- The oldest art work is the statue of Vajnory Madonna dating back to the year 1320
- The Madonna and Child (1475-1500)
- Country with trees (1913 – 1914)
The buildings themselves are a historic icon and if you love architecture and design more, a walk through the buildings will feel surreal.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bratislava City Gallery
- Adults: Euros 3.50
- Children, students, senior citizens, Disabled persons, ISIC, EURO 26 and ITIC holders: Euros 2 for
- Group of school students: Euro 1
- Students of art schools: Euros 1
- Family tickets (2 adults + 1 and more children from 6 to 18 years): Euros 6
- Concerts: Euros 3
- ICOM and AICA members, Employees of the SNG and other Slovak galleries, Art-Historical Society members, Holders of GMB honorary tickets, Press, Holders of tourist guides cards (also without a group), Students of secondary art schools and art academies, (VSVU, VSMU, Faculty of Education – art students, Faculty of Philosophy – students of art history, aesthetics and cult urology with ID): Free
- Refer official website for special events' ticket prices.
Bratislava City Gallery Hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday - Sunday: 11.00 am - 06.00 pm
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday - Sunday: 11.00 am – 06.00 pm
How to Reach Bratislava City Gallery
- By Bus: At Zochova
- By Light Rail: At Kapucinska
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bratislava before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bratislava and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.75% of people who visit Bratislava include Bratislava City Gallery in their plan
50% of people start their Bratislava City Gallery visit around 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Bratislava City Gallery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bratislava City Gallery
Bratislava City Gallery Reviews & Ratings
Interesting and free. It is situated near the river, in the old part of the city. Quite a few things to see around and lots of cafes and restaurants nearby.
Great experience, will be returning again.
The museum has 5 floors of art, where the lower are focused on traditional art and the top modern and installation art. Be aware that you'll have to pay €1 to take photos of the art. I really enjoyed the modern art which I thought was fantastic, especially the hallway of books. Just brilliant.